1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Larry Graham's killer hidden track on Stone Rollin'

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by AQP, Jan 3, 2012.

1. AQP

AQP

May 31, 2011
    It's good to hear Larry put the groove into this hidden track "The Perfect Storm" (meaning the joining of Larry and Raphael in a song flowing with each other) on Raphael Saadiq's "Stone Rollin" CD, his fantastic bass playing with the old school feeling wahwah guitar riff's Raphael put in makes the song as addictive as "It's A Family Affair" and "If you want me to stay", then Larry kills it with his verse - icing on the cake, pure genius:

Raphael Saadiq 'the perfect storm' cd Stone Rollin' - YouTube

2. bottomzone

bottomzone

Oct 21, 2005
    Very, very cool groove!!!

A Groove is a Terrible Thing to Waste! :cool:

3. corinpills

corinpills

Nov 19, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Actually, as much as I adore Raphael Saadiq and obviously would never dare to question Larry Graham's sense of groove, that track made me feel a bit uneasy. Doesn't it feel rushed? Like Larry is right on top of the beat and the vocals are pushing as well? Mostly at the beginning.

4. The Lurker

The Lurker

Aug 16, 2002
    Ankh-Morpork
    "If you want me to stay" wasn't LG. It was Rustee Allen, who got the job after LG quit.

5. esa372

esa372

Aug 7, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Very.

6. Could listen to Saadiq all day!

7. AQP

AQP

May 31, 2011
    Ah true indeed, right after Larry and his wife had to escape fly via the window and he quit LOL. Thanks for the correction!