Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Larry Steen

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by XavierG, May 6, 2001.

1. Anyone heard of him? I had the opportunity to sit in on a couple of practice and recording sessions he played in. A buddy of mine, Gene Bohlmann (keys)- Aerial Display, in CA was puting together a CD, and Larry played bass on some tunes. If you like jazz/ latin, in the vein of The Rippingtons or Spyro Gyra, you will enjoy Larry's playing. An excellent bassist in my opinion. I'm a bit surprised that he is not too well known. Check him out at:

http://www.iuma.com/IUMA/Bands/Steen,_Larry/

X

2. EliMarcusBass

EliMarcusBass

Jul 14, 2006
    Larry Steen is an amazing bass player and an awesome guy in general. I got to work with him one on one for over 2 weeks with the Grammy's in their summer program for 15-19 year olds. So much talent was at the camp because it was audition only and he is a true master of the bass. He is especially great in the Latin and Brazilian styles but he can virtually play almost any style you ask him, an extremely versatile player.