1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Larry Steen

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by XavierG, May 6, 2001.

1. Anyone heard of him? I had the opportunity to sit in on a couple of practice and recording sessions he played in. A buddy of mine, Gene Bohlmann (keys)- Aerial Display, in CA was puting together a CD, and Larry played bass on some tunes. If you like jazz/ latin, in the vein of The Rippingtons or Spyro Gyra, you will enjoy Larry's playing. An excellent bassist in my opinion. I'm a bit surprised that he is not too well known. Check him out at:

http://www.iuma.com/IUMA/Bands/Steen,_Larry/

X

2. EliMarcusBass

EliMarcusBass

Jul 14, 2006
    Larry Steen is an amazing bass player and an awesome guy in general. I got to work with him one on one for over 2 weeks with the Grammy's in their summer program for 15-19 year olds. So much talent was at the camp because it was audition only and he is a true master of the bass. He is especially great in the Latin and Brazilian styles but he can virtually play almost any style you ask him, an extremely versatile player.