SOLD Laser Etched Paisley 51’ Slab Telecaster Precision Bass Loaded Body - BIG PRICE DROP - FOR CHARITY!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by dusterdan70, Nov 5, 2020.

1. dusterdan70

dusterdan70 Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2014
    So Cal
    Price:
    United States
    Hiya TB Fam!

You’ve seen a few posts about this body in a NBD thread (where it got rave reviews & ideas) and it was up for sale for parts for a bit; I wanted to do a charity raffle but that’ wasn’t approved so I’m offering it for sale/trade, fully assembled this time. Here’s what you’re looking at a super cool 1-piece 51’ slab body telecaster precision bass loaded with the following:

-1 piece body, very light weight (about ~3.8lbs as pictured)
    -String through body w/ ferrules (nice, but not perfect job would need to be filled & redrilled for flush/even mount)
    -Classic Vibe pickup
    -John Wainwright custom harness
    -Genuine Fender knobs
    -Genuine Fender control plate
    -Genuine Fender 51’ bridge

Neck pocket seems to accept the standard square heel tele bass neck. This body has no finish on jt, the top side has been laser etched and looks super cool! It’s 3D, so has texture to the touch. Was purchased on the Verb’ from a gentlemen in Canada. Not sure of the wood, but it’s 1-piece & very light! Has light shelf wear from handling; bridge is aligned correctly, although body was drilled/filled for multiple patterns, fyi.

Will sell for:
    BIG drop down to $282.50 shipped via paypal to the lower 48! Of that, I’ll donate $100 to charity “Toys 4 Tots” for the upcoming Holiday Season (can happily provide proof!)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
  2. donahue

donahue Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Oregon
    Man this thing is soo sweet. It could be done up to be the coolest bass ever!

nixdad and dusterdan70 like this.
  3. mikewalker

mikewalker

Jul 30, 2017
    Canada, Eh!
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

6tzguy and dusterdan70 like this.
  4. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    PA
    If I didn't know that the 51 setup isn't for me, I would've already grabbed this. Love it.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
    dusterdan70 likes this.
  5. 2saddleslab

2saddleslab Supporting Member

May 30, 2003
    Kentucky
    Oh boy..................

6. jallenbass

jallenbass Supporting Member Commercial User

May 17, 2005
    Bend, Oregon
    Where's the thread about this? I'm curious about how it's done.

7. dusterdan70

Feb 24, 2014
    So Cal
    No build thread, but here’s the NBD (new body day) thread! The other thread was just all this stuff, unassembled essentially.

NBD!!!! AKA The Paisley Precision Project!!!

Honestly, there’s soooo many directions this build/finish can go it causes me anxiety:roflmao: Time to pass it on for health reasons!

donahue likes this.
  8. RNG1

RNG1

Mar 1, 2015
    I’m trying to stop doing this kinda thing but darn it I’m intrigued. I’ve got a bunch of stuff I’m going to put up for sale this weekend but I’d be interested in trading with you but I don’t want to clutter up your thread so I’ll pm you a bunch of pics etc.

dusterdan70 likes this.
  9. 6tzguy

6tzguy 6tzguy Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2004
    Orange County, Ca.
    You’d be the only groovy dude/ette on your block with this amazing body/build!!!!!!

dusterdan70 likes this.
  10. Jim C

Jim C I believe in the trilogy; Fender, Stingray, + G&L Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Bethesda, MD
    Righteous move with the proceeds Dan; well done

dusterdan70 likes this.
  11. dusterdan70

Feb 24, 2014
    So Cal
    BIG drop down to $300 shipped, portion of proceeds still going to charity!
    Priced to sell folks, this will be a badass bass with your finishing touches!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
  12. dusterdan70

Feb 24, 2014
    So Cal
    pending!

13. dusterdan70

Feb 24, 2014
    So Cal
    SOLD & donation made! Thanks TB for helping us do some good during this Holiday Season!

14. 2saddleslab

2saddleslab Supporting Member

May 30, 2003
    Kentucky
    Well done, @dusterdan70! So tempting but too many things going on now.

dusterdan70 likes this.
  15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 24, 2022