Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

"Last 24 hours"?????

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by PhatBasstard, Mar 5, 2004.

1. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Since there's no "past 24 hours" option in the New Posts (i.e. "Since last log-in") anymore, how can I get this feature (search ALL forums) without a (limited) search word.

This is a bummer as I used the "past 24 hours" search all the time since I usually came to the site (to page through the new posts) AFTER I checked the emails of my subscribed thread, which would re-set the "since last log-in" feature, thus limiting the posts I would see.

NOW if I check my TalkBass emails first, later I'm stuck to a search of new posts by a (very limited) search word.

Paul, you had said awhile ago you would reinstate this feature.

Please Paul, reinstate this feature. :( :( :(

PS> Or.....make it so we can put in a word or code in the search box that will search ALL the forums for posts (of any kind) for the time specified. :hyper:

2. lump

lump

Jan 17, 2000
    St. Neots, UK
    +1

"New in the last 24 hours" was pretty much the only search feature on here I used. Now it's gone. :bawl: Pleeease bring it back.

3. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    +2.

It's particularly useful for when I get called away from the computer - sometimes the board will time out, which resets all my unread posts!

4. Yes, was a very useful feature for the reasons already listed. I usually use the "new posts" feature, but, for those times that I'm called away before scanning all the new posts, it's nice to have a way to come back to them later.

5. PhatBasstard

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Only 5 of us care about this?:confused:

6. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
  7. PhatBasstard

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Someone gave me this link once before. It worked for about a week then I started getting an "invalid thread" or "link" message. Seems to work now though.

8. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL