Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Last day to order a Reverend Bass is Today (9/30)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by craigb, Sep 30, 2004.

1. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

Just a friendly reminder that you only have until 5PM EST today (9/30/04) to order a Reverend bass.

At 5:01 we will have a moment of silence, join hands and sing kumbayah . . .

2. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
  3. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Whats going on? Are they not making basses anymore?

4. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    No. Its over. Its been official since the last two months, there have been a few threads about it, too.

5. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    They sound like really great basses and truthfully I would like to try one. But boy are they ugly!!!

6. Thumper

Thumper Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2000
    Layton, UT
    I know a dealer that has 2 brand new, but several year old Reverends. I tried to sell a bass to buy the 5er, but ended up trading for a Zon 5/1 instead :meh:

Anyway, the 5er has the bubble looking metal finish (whatever that's called) and a rosewood board, he told me he'd take $550 for it. The 4 string is gold with a maple board and white pickguard (classy looking), I didn't ask for a price since I only do 5s.

Just passing this along...

7. And I never even got the opportunity to try one...
    :crying:

8. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
  9. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

That would be bugeye black chrome:

[​IMG]

although I'm not sure why the "black" is in the name. It can look black-ish from the right angle in the right light but it's more "chrome" than "black" most of the time. My bandmates call it "bumper plate".

10. hey, at least they don't look like toilet seats! :D

11. Thumper, any contact info on this dealer?

12. Superdave

Superdave

Apr 20, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    I was close to buying one of these twice...they sound great, and look pretty nice too, in my opinion. No flow = No fish

13. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I'm bummed. I really wanted a Brad Houser 5, but I'm way over my bass GAS limit for the year. :bawl:

14. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i am bummed too. i have a 'Fish and it's a GREAT bass. both in sound, feel and playability.

a tone monster.

i am also sad because usually we say that bass players are more open minded than guitar buddies.

this time we lost.

15. Thumper

Thumper Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2000
    Layton, UT
    blueflamerick, check your PM for the POC.