1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

last design - comments and criticism please!

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by g00eY, Apr 1, 2006.

1. g00eY

g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    i spent like 2 hours transfering this to full size... lol. this is my final design. just wanted to know what ya'll think about it before i go ahead and build it.

Picture.

yup... it'll be a 22 fret, 34" scale bolt on with a PJ pickup configuration. the little offset on the bottom will have the output jack coming out of it towards the strap button. also, the upper horn is pretty long... it goes about an inch past the 12th fret (so it's like at the 11th fret).

2. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    I like it

I'm personally not a big fan of the neck pocket thing. How it curves. but I'm a traditional kinda guy haha

Looks good!

-Mark

3. Basshole

Basshole Banned

Jan 28, 2005
    Very nice! :bassist:

4. full_bleed

full_bleed

May 27, 2005
    Arizona
    I like it!

5. g00eY

g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    thanks guys!

Mark - are you referring to the bottom of the neck pocket?

6. klocwerk

klocwerk

May 19, 2005
    Somerville, MA
    me likey a lot.
    looks familliar though, can't place it.

7. g00eY

g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    yup, that's what i figured. it was originally planned to have an upper horn more like a JP Plume (if you look through my other design threads you can see them), but i was messing around one day and after probably like half an hour on the upper horn alone, i found i was happy with this one.

and the neck pocket didn't used to look like that. it used to have a straight line from the upper horn to the lower horn, but it doesn't work out with the scale + neck i'm using.

8. pretty cool...those horns kinda remind me of Tune basses

9. Since I didn't actually comment on your design, here it is:

I like it. Looks like it should balance well, be comfortable on your belly or your knee. The upper fret access looks good.

(I may save this file for inspiration someday. I like it that much. Good job.)

10. g00eY

g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    :)

that literally made me smile!

11. Groove Theory

Groove Theory Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2004
    The Psychiatric Ward
    looks good, reminds me of a warwick fortress...

12. Musiclogic

Musiclogic Commercial User

Aug 6, 2005
    Southwest Michigan
    Owner/Builder: HJC Customs USA, The Cool Lute, C G O
    very nice, slightly futuristic lines, but well thought out. Be careful though, I hear mr. Pedulla is scouting out new designs.....LOL