1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Last Ever Reverend USA Bass 4 String is MINE!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PinkFloydDan, Mar 23, 2006.

1. PinkFloydDan

PinkFloydDan

Jul 4, 2005
    Buffalo
    I sold just about everything I owned that wasn't being played regularly and bought the last ever made Reverned XL 4 string bass, in the rare color of medium blue with silver pickguard!!!

They put it up on their Instock/Reduced section Tuesday for $749. Last ever USA reverend bass ever to be made. AND IT IS A JAZZ!

I have the P/J reverend rumblefish and have been wanting a jazz. Never thought I'd see another 4 string reverend bass. I had to do it. Credit cards come in handy. It's being made now, so no pics. But I should have it next week! Free shipping and strap, too!!!

I am so psyched!! Who saw it and procrastinated on getting it? I would think the sucker would increase in value eventually, eh?

WOOHOO

2. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    You are going to love it. I also have a JJ and a PJ and love them both.

3. RoMeRz

RoMeRz

Feb 13, 2006
    Glasgow, Scotland
    pictures please !

4. watspan

watspan

Nov 25, 2002
    madison, wi
    Man am I glad you snapped that up, because I was considering grabbing it and I really don't NEED a fourth 'fish! Enjoy!

5. PinkFloydDan

PinkFloydDan

Jul 4, 2005
    Buffalo
    Damn....I wonder if they would have lowered the price on my 4 string...

GREAT DEALS on those basses. Wow.

6. Nice score on that 4-string, sir!
    Those prices on the 5-strings are killing me, particularly the orange one for $519. Good thing they're 5-strings, or else I'd be in serious trouble..

7. Possibly, but there's always the chance that someone might've snagged it before you. You already got a sweet deal!

8. PinkFloydDan

PinkFloydDan

Jul 4, 2005
    Buffalo
    I don't see myself ever selling my reverends, but I am wondering: Will these suckers go up in value, sort of like the 60s-70s fenders, etc?

Most basses don't see massive appreciation, but I would think these basses, with the increased desire for them after production stopped, would mean their value would go up dramatically in 10 years.

Example is just 3 years ago. I would see Reverneds sell on Ebay for 400 used. Now, I see them sell for about $600-700, and some on here have been offered for about $800.

Knowing I have "The Last Reverend Bass 4 String Ever Built" does it have some historic value, as well, attached to the Reverend company?

Let's debate it. I think the basses will see dramatic increases in prices in 10 years. For example, I bought my Reverend Rumblefish P-J for $900 with the coffin case. I see myself in 10 years having the bass worth $1400 or more...

9. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    I doubt that they will appreciate very much. I love them lots, and have 3...but there never was much demand for them, and the new ones sitting there with prices going down, down, down, til they all sell I think is proof of that.

10. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    You filthy sonuva...lord, how I want a Rumblefish 4. Ah, well.

Congrats, man! You better enjoy that thing, after taking it away from the rest of us. ;)

11. PinkFloydDan

PinkFloydDan

Jul 4, 2005
    Buffalo
    hehe. pics coming soon!~!!!

12. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    Congrats!! I have the 16th from the last one made. Aged white jazz with the gold pickguard.

Those 5 stringers are a steal.

Let me tell you something about the blemishes: they're NOTHING. Mine was reduced because of an itsy bitzy teenie weenie blue felt tip pen mark on the back of the neck and a equally de minimus smudge underneath the 12th fret.

13. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Im still attracted to the black/gold combo..

14. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    They have that color combo in one of the 5L's

15. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    That they do