1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Last nights gig

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Apr 30, 2006.

1. well, had a gig last night, and it was also my birthday:hyper: the big 20...anyway, heres some shots....a few vids soon
    RIMG1187.
    RIMG1228.
    love that italia 12 string
    RIMG1241.
    RIMG1242.
    RIMG1244.
    RIMG1274.
    too much SRV and Hendrix for me:D

2. BillytheBassist

BillytheBassist

Aug 18, 2005
    Texas
    Happy B-day man! cool pics.

3. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

Mar 6, 2005
    日本/Alyeska
    Happy Birthday!!

Looks like you had fun and I dig the old Peavey!

4. thanks :) i love it, you cant really see the boxes, but the top quad is a JBL and the bottom is a Peavey 410tx..i love having 2 channels, makes things interesting:D

im trying to get a few vids up but for some reason youtube is only uploading 1 sec of the videos

5. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    happy birthday, dawg!!

6. Happy birthday! I can tell you were having fun at the gig in that movie! :)

One thing... are you standing directly in front of your bass amp?

7. Happy 'jui' Birthday!

8. slightly to the left of it, right next to the mixing desk...when i stand in front of my amp, my clothes start shaking:D

9. fr0me0

fr0me0

Dec 7, 2004
    Winnipeg Canada
    hb dude!

10. fr0me0

fr0me0

Dec 7, 2004
    Winnipeg Canada
    looks like there were some hot girls in the audience, you get any birthday action.

11. oh there were hotties...but alas no....funny story though, i was EXTREMELY hung over from the night before...i went clubbing, drinking wild turkey i got kicked out of a club within an hour, throwing up, it took a fair bit of convincing from my singer (i went out with her) for a cabbie to take me, i got home (found my wallet in the driveway the next morning) and well, the next day (that was friday night, the gig was satdy night) i couldnt eat at all, i couldnt even drink (not alcahol) until later that night...and to top it off, thats not our regular drummer, he was called in on the last minute (well a week before hand) and we couldnt get a rehersal in at all, and well, we only met him while we were setting up the p.a...i was so damn surprised how tight we were

12. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Most of my gigs are like that- someone rings me up and says "Gig at such-and-such, load-in at 8:30, play 9-2, pay is $XXX, can you do it?"
    "Sure."
    I've met some killer players that way, and if everyone has their ears on, it usually grooves like a mo'fo'...
    I love that song- Aeroplane...really fun to play! You have great feel for a young pup! Great tone, too! And you wear your bass up where it's supposed to be, like I do! (Actually, I wear mine even higher...:eek: :D )

13. Happy birthday man.

+1 on the higher bass, that's right where I have mine. Though, the one time I tried to whip the bass over my head I damn nearly broke my nose and the rest of the band laughed for 5 minutes straight.

Cheers

14. Cool. Some bassists do the mistake of standing directly in front of their amp, which actually blocks the sound.

But sounds like you already know about that. :)

15. ive had some really great (and wierd teachers) a drummer who told me to just think of titties, a guitarist who's played with sting, and my first bass teacher who's pretty big around here..

but thanks for the compliments guys :)

i really regret not having a proper video camera, cos i always improv my solos and the jam we had at the end of aeroplane..wow..it was nutz..i think i got a bit carried away for a while though....:D

16. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    HB man, and cute singer ;)

17. Plus one:D

Happy birthday, you look like you're having the time of your life. Good to see!