1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Last of the greats?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sman, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Sman

Sman

Jun 13, 2018
    Hi, after much searching finally found what could possibly be the last new Walkabout Scout 12" still sealed in it's original Mesa box. Dated 2015. Had one ten years ago and never should have sold it. When not in it's cab I would pair it with a Warwick 4x10 and the sound was just amazing. I looked at all the newer class d heads, but always in the back of my mind I wanted another Scout. It arrives tomorrow. Any one else had the pleasure of playing through or owning one? Thanks!

Munjibunga and rodl2005 like this.
  2. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    I hope you enjoy your new toy. :)

3. Sman

Sman

Jun 13, 2018
    Thank you sir

4. MarkA

MarkA *** Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2008
  5. Sman

Sman

Jun 13, 2018
    My people lmao... Thanks!!!

6. pfschim

pfschim Just a Skeleton with a Jazz bass Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    welcome back to the WA club.
    Great find on a Great amp
    enjoy!

7. Sman

Sman

Jun 13, 2018
    Thanks.. sounds just as I remember, somewhat heavier than I remember too!

8. pfschim

pfschim Just a Skeleton with a Jazz bass Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    yeah, particularly if its an older one with a ceramic driver it's somewhat heavy for a 12 (I seem to recall something like 47lbs with the head in the combo). So, I guess compared to some of the super light cabs available these days its got some heft to it ... but oh what a sound. :thumbsup:

I hardly use my WA 12 combo anymore, just the occasional quiet rehearsal or duo gig. My WA is used primarily to drive a couple superb Berg cabs I have (CN112, CN212, NV610). The WA makes them all sound exceptional.

9. Sman

Sman

Jun 13, 2018
    It's a 2014, so presuming it's the neo speaker, still a lump regardless, I am looking for a bigger cab, I ran it through 4x10 back in the day, but am pretty intrigued by the Aguilar 2x12, it's hard not being able to try cabs out before purchase