Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Last Resort?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by BassQueen, Feb 4, 2002.

1. this thread probs been posted a million times now but, hey! im new! so...can anyone tell me the tab for last resort on a 4 string? i can only find it on 5! help! thankyou all! :)

2. transpose ?

3. Is it really that hard to figure out?:confused:

The main notes are E, D, C, and B

4. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    :(

that may be the easiest songs ive ever heard,ever.even though your a begginer it should be quite easy.

well someone already gave the notes away,but shouldnt this be in general instructions?

5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Yep. That's where it's going.

6. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Gee, you guys are really encouraging to the people not as talented as yourselves.

7. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    I can think of two ways to play that song on a 4 string. The first one is tune your bass (low to high) B E A D.

Then play this:

D:-------------------------------
    A:-------------------------------
    E:-------------------------------
    B: 55 33 11 00 33... and continue that.

or you could also play it one octave higher since the song uses such low notes. This would look like this (with standard E A D G tuning)

G:--------------------------------
    D:-------------------------------
    A: 77 55 33 22 55... and continue that.
    E:-------------------------------

If you don't understand what I just posted, then I have no patience for you and you should get a bass teacher. Or don't try playing 5-string-bass-requiring songs on a 4 string anymore :p

8. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Ah,we try our best.

9. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I remember when I first started. I wasn't able to pick out the bassline to Smells Like Teen Spirit. Go easy on (b)assqueen.

10. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Yer gots ta stick to yer jazz!

So when exactly did you start playing bass?

11. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Das baaaaad!!!!! You guys is brutal.

12. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Bass Queen, this is from Boplicity, another lady bass player.. The guys are being a little mean. I can remember how tough it was when I was a beginner...tough and frustrating.

You were advised to tune your bass to BEAD. Do you know how to do that? Do you have a tuner? If so, that is the best way to go... in my humble opinion.

Beginners sometimes try to sound EXACTLY like their favorite bassist, but I think a reasonable facsimile is plenty good enough. You won't sound exactly like the CD anyway, because you don't have the same bass, equipment, or experience.

The other way is to pick out the notes and find out where they are on your four string. You WILL NOT have the same tone as the bassist who played it on a five string. Your notes will sound a little higher, but...oh well. Your fingering may be different, too.

Are you just playing along with a CD or are you in a band that will be playing a cover of the song at a live gig? If yoiu are just playing along with the CD, it doesn't matter if your bass tone is different than the CD.

Anyway, if you have any more questions, please ask here or send me an e-mail.

13. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I was being completely serious. I couldn't pick out a simple bass line when I started. It takes time to be able to do that.

14. Zirc

Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    I remember when I first started posting on this board.

I never asked for tabs.

Interesting.

15. I SUCK, i can hardly play any good songs, and i have the ****tiest guitar, i need a good one, i'm aiming for a ESP, or... the one that SHavo from SOAD has...
    But this is one of the first songs i learnt, THIS IS INCREDIBLLY EASY.. only a blind man with boobies couldn't figure this one out...
    As for that, i could ROUGHLY play, some soad songs, Dig by mudvayne..
    some black sabbath, and that wraps up my life...

its

55 33 22 00 33, like that on the E string , if your using a 4 string bass...otherwise known as the TOP STRING..lmao..

i'm too lazy to make the tabs...

anyways, i'm kinda lookin for some LITTLE Tips for me, i can tape some stuff to show a guy whod like to teach me...