1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Last Sponsored Forum Standing!

Discussion in 'Rocket Music' started by RocketMusic, Jun 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. RocketMusic

RocketMusic Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Wow. I just realized that I'm the last sponsored forum here on TB. Am I relentlessly persistent... or am I an idiot?!? LOL

I do a ton of G&L business because of this forum and because of the larger TB community. And I appreciate that every single day!

I'd love to get back to moving some Roscoe and Lull stuff, too. Not sure exactly how to make that happen, though a quick look at my Lull inventory probably explains that drop off. Not sure what happened to my Roscoe sales exactly, but it's probably related to the Lull drop off. 2016 was a bitch financially, so I kind of hunkered down and just stuck with what was working... which was/is G&L.

Anyway, 2017 has been a year of recovery for me so far. I'm trying to operate on a cash basis for the first time ever, no more ordering stuff that I don't already have the cash set aside to absorb. I'm not quite there, but I am WAY closer than I was on Jan 1. I expect to get there by the end of the summer, and then I'll be looking to grow again for the first time in a long time. Roscoe, Lull, Music Man, Bergantino, Genzler, etc. All of these brands, and hopefully more, are going to see renewed activity here at Rocket.

I have no idea why I'm stating all of this publicly, other than that I saw I was the only sponsored forum left, and I felt nothing but gratitude towards all my friends and customers here on TB. A year ago, my reaction would have been fear, doom and gloom.

So, as always, thank you to everyone here on TB. More good times (and great gear) are on the horizon!

2. bassWR

bassWR

Nov 21, 2009
    Warner Robins GA
    Greg,
    Thanks for keeping the light on. Enjoy the new gear postings and equipment information you post.
    Always enjoy doing business with you from strings to basses.
    Best wishes for success.

mwbonsall, bhunt1 and RocketMusic like this.
  3. Joshua

Joshua WJWJr Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Aug 23, 2000
    Connecticut
    You and your store both rock!

4. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Had it not been for this forum, I'd have never known about Rocket Music. And my bank account wouldn't have been drained by over $20k over the years of doing business there.......Hmmm, I don't know that this sponsored forum of yours has been that good for me. Not according to my wife, anyway.

mwbonsall, RocketMusic and smperry like this.
  5. Al T.

Al T. Supporting Member

Sep 24, 2006
    Richmond, VA.
    i just realized that I haven't bought anything from Rocket since I got my Shuttle 9 in 2010 or so. What I need to do soon is drive out there and check out some G&L basses.What was I thinking?

RocketMusic likes this.
  6. mwbonsall

mwbonsall Supporting Member

Aug 2, 2000
    Casa Grande, Arizona
    Running a business has been brutal the past 8+ years or so. With the decline of live music keeping a music store open is even harder. The high end market has to be really rough. You and Dan are great guys, doing a great job running a great music store. Hang in there, not sure what a lot of us would do without Rocket Music.

Mark

7. Jeff Genzler

Jeff Genzler Commercial User

Feb 9, 2007
    Brooklyn NY
    Currently GENZLER AMPLIFICATION / Formerly GENZ BENZ
    Greg, And we thank you for the continued support as well. We also look forward to further growth together.
    You are a seasoned pro in a constantly changing industry.
    Great people at Rocket Music!!

8. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Thanks, Jeff! Right back atcha!

9. jthisdell

jthisdell Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Roanoke, VA
    Greg I want to come up and check out some Roscoes but reality keeps getting in the way!

10. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    No worries - I'm almost always here, so come on down! Maybe give me a shout before you do, just to make sure I'm here: 540-961-7655

I just received two more of the new Roscoe Classics. I need to get those photographed and posted on my site. But they are here and ready to be played any time!

oren and jthisdell like this.
  11. BIGEJ2

BIGEJ2 Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Happy Valley, PA
    I'm not the least bit surprised Rocket is the last sponsor standing. Greg is polite, professional, knowledgeable and the best in the business when it comes to answering product specific questions and ordering. If he doesn't know the answer to a question he gets it regardless if it is a serious inquiry or feeler. I can't think of any other guitar retailer that comes remotely close to his level of customer service.

Ryan L., Yogi Bear, mwbonsall and 5 others like this.
  12. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Man, you guys are all too kind! Thanks so much!

13. armybass

armybass Gold Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    You're the last one standing because you are the hands down best! I have purchased more gear from you than any other single retailer.... and that is saying a lot. But it is because instead of just a music store owner, you are a friend and a bass player. People continue to support you Gregg because of the phenomenal service.

mwbonsall, bassWR, bdgotoh and 2 others like this.
  14. Bipslapper

Bipslapper Well Ahoy, Paloi Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Cape Cod, MA
    Greg is, indeed, above all others.... Speaking of G&L, I am loving my new LB 100, can't believe I purchased a 4 string passive, single pickup, but I did..., getting old I guess. When I decided to do so I never hesitated; I knew I'd call Greg, ask him a few questions, get unbiased, honest answers then pull the trigger, which I did.

I own a small business and agree that we go through good and bad times and it's during the down years that most of the hacks and poorly run companies go belly up. (Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered?) In any case, you guys figured it out. Congrats Greg, You and Dan are top notch.

mwbonsall likes this.
  15. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Thanks, cuz!!

Bipslapper likes this.
  16. Bipslapper

Bipslapper Well Ahoy, Paloi Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Cape Cod, MA