Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Last suggestions?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fatrhino, May 20, 2002.

1. fatrhino

fatrhino

Jan 2, 2000
    Ok so I am about to buy new cabs. I have a Trace Elliot 600 watt head that I've had for a while and I need cabs. My price range is $400 to $1000. And I need to be LOUD and need to be able to carry it myself (so 2x15 and 8x10 are out of the question). It also needs to be strong enough to withstand repeated blows with a bass (just kidding, I think you people have actually gotten me to have some respect for my equipment, image that... me and respect... crazy).

So for I've been considering Avatar B115 and B410.
    And 2 Aguilar 112
    or Aguilar 115 and 112

Any thoughts? Thanks.

2. Well, for volume (as long as impedences are matched correctly) you can't go wrong with more speakers. It looks like you've got the wattage covered.

I can't comment directly on your brand choices but if you can afford more square inches of speaker(s) they'll push more air and are certainly louder.

3. newbalance802

newbalance802

May 16, 2002
    hey-

If i was u i would get a 410 and a 210 or 410.no 15s . and i feel if you go to tens stick with 10s.Eden have served me well.Also check out epiphani 212s as well.

4. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    I've got a TE AH500 head and I got the TE 4 x 10 with horn and 1 x 15 cabs. They sound great - and I can move them myself if I need to!!!!

So, my recommendation to you is get a 4 x 10 and a 1 x 15. (Although I guess a 2 x 10 and a 1 x 15 would get a similar type of sound and be even more portable!)