1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Late 1980's St.Blues Bass from Strings & Things in Memphis

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Eric Swaim, Mar 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eric Swaim

Eric Swaim GOD, U.S. MIlitary, Country Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Murfreesboro, TN
    TRADED!!!!!!

I have a late 1980's Strings & Things St. Blues Bass. Loaded with Dimarzio P&J pickups and is solid as a rock. Great neck, binding around the body, electronics were replaced recently with new pots output jack and pickups. Great condition for a 24-26 year old bass. Only has one area on the back edge that has the gloss scared (I tried to capture the area, but it's hard to photograph and see it.

trade it for another 4 string bass only (Fender Precision or Jazz Bass USA, Gibson, ??? etc.)

Eric in TN
    615-594-1595
    DSCN2803_zps9c8e9023.
    DSCN2804_zpsbee28419.
    DSCN2807_zps527749ef.
    DSCN2806_zpsa50419aa.
    DSCN2809_zps7a4077d2.
    DSCN2805_zpsba55f595.
    DSCN2808_zpsde15d7e9.
    DSCN2810_zpsf86f2336.

2. Eric Swaim

Sep 21, 2004
    Murfreesboro, TN
    bumpola

3. rojo412

rojo412 Walnut is fun! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    A former guitarist of mine had a St. Blues Tele guitar like this, same era... Built INCREDIBLY well.
    GLWTS, I bet it's killer!

4. Eric Swaim

Sep 21, 2004
    Murfreesboro, TN
    It is easy to play, very comfortable neck, and is killer with just the split pickup wide open. there is a part of me that says keep it, and then that other part that says get a Jazz Bass

5. Altitude

Altitude An ounce of perception, a pound of obscure. Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Denver, nee Austin
    Beautiful. I know there are probably a lot of those floating around Nashville, but I ran into one in Austin back in 1985, when John Howard was playing with the local funk band Extreme Heat. Now he's in Nashville with good things happening and substantial endorsements...but he still has that SNT.

I am tempted.

6. Eric Swaim

Sep 21, 2004
    Murfreesboro, TN
    I haven't seen anyone playing these around Nashville, although I do not go club hoping either. I ran this bass through my SWR Goliath II 4x10 and my SWR Bass 750 and it sounds Killer, puts me on the fence now about getting rid of it.

I do like basses with headstocks, although I owned a Washburn/Status 1000 and liked it back then. Mine had EMG in it at that time.

7. Eric Swaim

Sep 21, 2004
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Bump on Palm Sunday

Any trade offers out there? I figure the guys in their 40's and 50's will know what this bass is and the others may not have a clue what a well made instrument it is. I just want a Jazz bass again and am selling/trading two of my basses to achieve this

8. Eric Swaim

Sep 21, 2004
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Anybody got a Fender (Made in USA or Japan) Jazz Bass they would want to trade? I need a passive Fender Jazz Bass

9. lynott-forever

lynott-forever

Oct 29, 2009
    Canada
    PM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.