1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Late 19th century Czech double bass for sale

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by jazzbass72, Oct 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jazzbass72

jazzbass72

Jun 26, 2003
    New York, NY
    Late 19th Century Czech flatback double bass for sale in Brooklyn, NY, as pictured below. I have owned this beautiful instrument for the past 11 years. Gorgeous, loud and punchy tone, thundering lows, amazing midrange definition, quick pizzicato and bow response, even sound all across the fingerboard. Currently strung with Spirocore Weichs. Top luthiers in Cremona (Italy), Boston and New York City have worked on the bass over the years, setting it up professionally, repairing a few old cracks, adding a new bass bar, etc. I have spent in excess of $4000 on this bass, and no further work is needed at this present moment. Last month, a local bass guru verbally appraised this instrument between $12,000 and $15,000. I am pricing this bass at only $6,500 for a quick sale. If you wish to hear what this bass sounds like, check out “D Minor Blues” (studio track, only mic’d) and “Mood Indigo” (live track, amplified with a Realist) on my MySpace page, link is below.

I am looking for a local buyer, since I cannot arrange to ship the bass myself. However, you are welcome to get in touch with local bass shops like David Gage’s, and inquire how much they would charge for shipping the bass to where you live. I would be happy to bring the instrument to the shop and let them handle the shipping. Or, if you own a bass trunk, you can send it to me, and get it back with this bass in it. Fellow New Yorkers are welcome to set up a time to check out the bass in person. Any questions? Please email me or PM me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.