1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

late 40's early50's epiphone bass B4? for sale

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by buzmacdowell, Aug 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buzmacdowell

buzmacdowell

Aug 28, 2007
    jupiter, fla
    I have a blonde epiphone base in very good condition for sale.It was given to my parents by the Mary Kaye trio way back ,and has been on the stand in the front room of my parents house ever since.They lived with us at my parents house for 6 months out of the year when they would entertain in Palm Beach, Fla.I will check the #'s on the bass 8/30....It has been in a air-conditioned house for at least 50 to 55 years.It still has the strings on it...It looks exactly like a bass that I saw a while back on the internet and that one was listed as a B4 model....If interested or you know of somebody please call: 561 793 3520 Thanks, Buz

2. MollyKay

MollyKay

Sep 10, 2006
    Southern PA
    Bass Hobby'ist
    Hi Buz...I have sent you a PM.

3. buzmacdowell

buzmacdowell

Aug 28, 2007
    jupiter, fla
    Hi Molly, it was fun talking to you yesterday.The serial# was right were you said it may be.#1710...and there is a B 4 right under the epiphone on the brass badge....I took some pics (alot) today and I will send them to you.The banjo is a Vega ....Thanks for the info....Buz 561 793 3520... P.S. tell your husband that my dad has an eye on me concerning the banjo $ owed...ha ha

4. buzmacdowell

buzmacdowell

Aug 28, 2007
    jupiter, fla
    Molly, I just got the pics back tonight...they look pretty good..of the bass,but the banjo pic's are a little funky...I think it is around a 1927...professional tenor,it has the wood pie-section resonator,individual flanges,original tuners& case...please ask your hubby were the ID# should be...and tell him that there is a banjo on Gruhn's guitar site that is exactly the same model as the one I have ....I may try and have a friend scan the pics and post them so you can get a sneak peek of the bass before I maill them Tuesday...good night, Buz

5. buzmacdowell

buzmacdowell

Aug 28, 2007
    jupiter, fla
    A year or so I sent Johnny Kaye ( Norman's son ) a bunch of photos.... There are a bunch of photos of the bass on the Mary Kaye Trio website..go the the Trio's photo gallery, then to Managerie of Mary Kaye Trio photos..page 14, 15, 16, 17,& 20. P.S. I sure want rid of this flu! ...Molly you will still be first in line,just think of your'e best offer,with or without the banjo....ha ha...I'm going back to bed....

6. Doing some cleanup.
    Still for sale?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.