1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Late 60's early 70's Eko made Hollow Body

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by cptripps, Oct 7, 2017.

1. cptripps

cptripps

Nov 29, 2009
    Coventry RI
    Price:
    Strings:
    This is an interesting hollow body I've owned since 1983. It's only been gigged on a handful of times with an acoustic project and has always sat in the case. around 15 years ago I took it to my guys at Noll guitar in RI for some ID and was told that Eko made instruments for many companies, in this case I believe it was JG of Nashville. The build quality and some of the hardware put it as a genuine Eko instrument. There is a repair on the output jack (I made a plate of brass for it back in 1983) and the tuners have been replaced a few years ago. The headstock could use some attention as the person who owned it prior to me did a real hack job on the holes when he replaced the original tuners but it never concerned me enough to do anything about it.

The bass has very low frets (they aren't flat, just a small gauge fret wire). The tone is very sixties and bottom heavy the way I like it. It's in overall very good condition considering it's age and could easily be dressed up. The case fits it snugly but only has one latch and some velcro holding it together at the handle.

The scale length is approx. 30-3/4" and the nut width is 1-7/16"

In the interest of full disclosure, I chose to put that stuff up front. This is a sharp looking bass and plays and sounds great!

The asking price includes shipping so if you are local, we can arrange a local pickup as well.
    Saturday-23.jpg Saturday-24.jpg Saturday-25.jpg Saturday-26.jpg Saturday-27.jpg Saturday-28.jpg Saturday-29.jpg Saturday-30.jpg Saturday-31.jpg Saturday-32.jpg Saturday-33.jpg Saturday-34.jpg Saturday-35.jpg Saturday-36.jpg Saturday-37.jpg

moonshinegtrs likes this.
  2. moonshinegtrs

moonshinegtrs Inactive Commercial User

Jan 28, 2009
    White Bluff,Tn.
    Owner: Moonshine Custom Guitars
    Dude. Stop with the posting of cool basses. You're killing me. ;)

Moonshine :bassist:

cptripps likes this.
  3. cptripps

cptripps

Nov 29, 2009
    Coventry RI
    It's kind of a sad time but I finally committed to parting with them. They need to make music instead of collecting dust :/