1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Late 70's ampeg SVT

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by bourbonbass, Jul 8, 2012.

1. bourbonbass

bourbonbass Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2012
    new orleans LA
    Up for sale is my late 70's ampeg svt. I can't nail down exactly what year it was made, but i think it's from either 77, 78, or 79. This amp is a players amp, not a collector piece. it is all Svt tone though. It sounds great.

The bad:

The tolex is not perfect. their are not big tears, but the corners piece have long since been rubbed alway.

Someone before me painted the grill cloth on the front of the amp black

I'm not a tech, so i'm not sure about this one. The input and outup transformer don't look like the same vintage to me. One has the numbers stamped into the metal on top, the other has the numbers stamped in white ink on top. I don't know if one was replaced at some point, or if this was the time at ampeg when they were using newer and older parts on the same amp. Either way the amp still sounds great!

The good:

The amp does exactly what you want an SVT to do. Power, balls, and volume!

It is a workhorse. I've had it for 7 years, and it has given me 0 problem. i do only get to play it out 8 to 10 times a year, but it never disappoints.

I'm asking $1250 including shipping to the lower 48 states.

I'm sell the amp to fund the purchase of either a lakland 55-94, or 55-07. the only trades i'd consider would be for one of those basses, plus cash from me.

thanks for looking,
    bourbonbass

2. bourbonbass

bourbonbass Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2012
    new orleans LA
    $1250Packed and Shipped