1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Late 70s/early 80s Fender colors...help!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jacochops, May 10, 2010.

1. jacochops

jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Bryan, TX
    Hi guys...
    I wanted to find either some pics or information on the "jewel" colors Fender offered on some of their 70's/80's Jazz basses. I saw a jewelish blue color on a Jazz that was SO beautiful. I've searched low and high, and can't find any info on these.

Does anyone here know the exact name of the colors, and does anyone here have any pics of said basses? I'd give a kidney for a jewel blue jazz/maple blocks and bound...

Pics?

2. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Here are two of the blues that Fender offered back then - the first (Maui) was from the "International Series", and the second, from the "Jewel Series", (Sapphire) was from a bit later, sometime around 82/83 if I remember correctly. Probably the Sapphire Blue you are thinking of.

Maui Blue

i-1_B_L1.

Sapphire Blue

[​IMG]

3. i wonder where those strats are today... i've never seen such finishes on them, they must be rare!!