Late Bass Player Mag subscriptions

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by PhatBasstard, Aug 3, 2003.

1. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I don't sit around waiting for my BP. It shows up when it shows up, I read it in 15 minutes, and that's it.

2. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Tacoma WA
    Right....last month!

I've recieved it as early as the 12th so a month and 3 days is a ridiculous time to wait before taking action.

I can't believe they take a full month+ to get them all out, so they have to know something is up before the following 15th (when the next issue is due :rolleyes: ).

3. PhatBasstard

Feb 3, 2002
    Tacoma WA
    Thanks for the update.

4. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

I was waiting for my december issue and all I got is a shoe catalog with the BP sticker (the one with my name and address), I guess someone at the post office took off the sticker from the BP magazine and put it in the shoe catalog, it's not funny, I went to guitar center and paid $5 + tax for the december issue :meh:

5. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Back last year when I was having troubles getting my subscription properly restarted, I called the distribution people and I thought they said something like if you haven't received December's issue by the 4th of December (since you're supposed to get it mid-November) they'll send you a new one but only after the 4th of December. Once it got going though I never had problems and now I get it by the 12th almost every month it seems.

brad cook

6. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin Inactive

Dec 11, 1999
    I think that the USPS is often to blame. Mike Tobias and I live 75 miles apart. I get my copy a good 3 weeks before he gets his. Magazines are not sent first class, who knows how they get routed.

Mike

7. PhatBasstard

Feb 3, 2002
    Tacoma WA
    The sad/funny thing is...I get Bass Guitar Magazine from England (not that stupidly named Guitar World spawn) and I can almost set my calander by it's arrival each time.

sigh :(

8. metron

metron Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2003
    Denver
    When I first subscribed it took almost 2 months to get my first issue but since then its been very regular.

9. missy51633

missy51633

Oct 20, 2003
    vincennes
    :p i just ordered a subscription to Bass Player magazine and was told i would recieve it in 3-4 weeks,,,,,But where do i get the address or phone number for theBass Guitar Magazine from england it is the one i want,i dont want the one from guitar world
    anybody got the place to go or phone to get it
    missy51633

if all i ever do is play bass ,,i'll be happy rest of my life

thanks a bunch guys and gals

10. PhatBasstard

Feb 3, 2002
    Tacoma WA
    [email protected]

or

T: +44 (0) 1404 841793
    or
    F: +44 (0) 1884 266101

11. PhatBasstard

Feb 3, 2002
    Tacoma WA
    Well, my Dec. issue never showed. Bass Player extended my sub one more issue so I went and picked up Dec. at Guitar Center.

It was worth the wait though because....I'm in it! :eek: :D

They printed my first (and only...so far) letter to the editor. The "Tension Headache" letter. That's me. Woo Hoo!!!:p

12. Have subscription to Bass Player...sometimes see it on the newstand first...makes me angry...must kill again...

I had to let my subscription lapse b/c I always would see it on the newstand before it arrived, and had to buy it, so I just ended up with double copies.

It's pretty common with magazine subscriptions for this to happen.

That "Guitar World spawn" is pretty disappointing, but hey, when you've got GAS, you've got GAS, and I buy it anyway....

13. I recently had the forementioned problem. Recently started playing the bass and subsribed about the same time I seriously started thinking about it (last June). I knew by the 5th of December that they were running late, especially since I'm a regular at the bassplayer forum and saw comments on certain articles. I e-mailed them to state that I hadn't received the issue and like was previously stated, was told I had to wait till the 15th to have a legit complaint. That was irritating but I waited. On the 15th I called the 1-800 number and was told that since there were no December issues left I had the option to extend a month. I have no problem with that but would have liked to have recieved the Dec. issue for the gear reviews that were advertised. The problem here is that there are few bass mags to choose from so your stuck with it if you really have the hunger to read and learn.

14. I too waited until the 15th, called the 800 number, and was told there are no December issues available. I asked for the number of the main office and spoke to a very nice woman who informed me that the subscription office was not supposed to be saying that. She told me she would send me a copy. Incidentally, the very same day I received my subscription renewal form in the mail.

15. Well, apparently this was Jazz Times' fault. My subscription should expire in February 2004, but they just sent me a notice to renew early before my subscription runs out in APRIL 2004.
    So I guess there are the two missing issues. I guess printing a magazine and actually sending thousands of copies out on time are two different things. I think I'll renew Jazz Times; it turned me on to a lot of good music. ;)

With commercial radio being such garbage I've found out that a magazine like this is a God-send.

It tells you what's new on the scene. Now couple this with the fact that the Barnes & Noble bookstore near me has most CDs scanned and available to be checked out, you can't loose.

This is like Star Trek! You take a CD still wrapped in plastic, pass it under the sanner at a listening station, put on the headphones, and you hear 30 seconds of each track. No more buying CDs that only have one good song on them, and you can check out artists you've never heard of before! :hyper:

Amazing. A little off topic, I know.

Mike

16. You've done it before? :eek:

Mike :D

17. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Well, that would be the implied joke.

brad cook

18. missy51633

missy51633

Oct 20, 2003
    vincennes
    :bassist: thank you for posting the link to the bass guitar magizine in England,just spoke with them on the phone and have a subscription and was told it would start immediately
    thanks a lot i had read one that belonged to a friend i had meet at a jam but he left before i could see where it was from.so thanks a whole bunch,appreciate it
    missy51633'

hey to all you guys and girls just keepright on doing what you are doing this web site is growing with information by leaps and bounds and i for one love bass and andything to do with bass:bassist:
    yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. vegaas

vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    Milwaukee
    I never received my Dec. issue. I did however get my Jan. issue yesterday. I guess I will have to call them and get my subscription credited for the one I didnt recieve.
    The one thing I hate about subscribing is that I never remember when the subscription ends. I thought that maybe it ended. I should have known better because I havent received any of the numerous re-subscribe letters that they always send out. It would be very helpfull if they would tell you when it ends in the resubscribe letter. I have no idea how long I am paid through.

20. PhatBasstard

Feb 3, 2002
    Tacoma WA
    I've re-upped for 3 yrs. the last two times. Now I only get the resubscribe letters every 3 years.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 24, 2022