Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Latency !!!

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Hobbes, Nov 8, 2002.

1. Howdy all,

Right, I've been mucking about on Cubase SX on my computer and when I try to record bass into it (D.I. output from my amp into line input of soundcard) there is a lot of latency, i.e. nearly a second. Basically it's impossible to monitor what I'm playing, unless I hook up my cab, which I don't want to do because it'll be a hassle to shift it around the house all the time. Does anyone know if there are any settings that I can change, either soundcard settings, Cubase settings, etc., that can reduce the latency??? I've got a Soundblaster Live soundcard by the way, at least until I get around to replacing it, and am using Windows XP. Thanks for any help anyone might be able to give.

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Try the kxproject drivers.
    They're ASIO drivers for the sblive, developed by an independant team of developers, since Creative is not interested in developing an ASIO driver for the SBLive. Due to the sblive's design it's 48 kHz only though (the Audigy cards have the same design flaw).

www.kxproject.com

http://kxproject.spb.ru

Buy a Midiman Audiophile ;)

3. Cheers for the reply JMX

I'm actually sorted out now because I've just installed Digi001 Protools 5.3 onto my computer, I've had it for a while but was having a little trouble getting it to work until today. The Soundblaster came with the computer when I bought it and I was only using it temporarily until I sorted out installing Protools. Can't wait to have a blast on it now !!!