1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Latest addition to my family [Warwick inside]

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JazzFusionB0rg, Jan 14, 2006.

1. Firstly - a massive thank you to Dan from American Boutique Guitar shop. He was a pleasure to deal with (although his accent was really strong when I rang him [I'm an aussie :)] and knew how to really wrap + ship a bass.

Behold, the newest member to my family - a Warwick Thumb BO6 (pictured next to it's 'little' brother):
    [​IMG]

It plays (and sounds) fantastic - sounds much darker than my FNA Jazzman. The extra string is taking a little getting used to though, and I've ressurected all my old Dream Theatre covers (I have to relearn them 'properly' on a 6er now). :D

Loving it... :hyper:

2. Thats a beast!

Awesome rig..

How much was it? If you don't mind me asking.

Have fun :)

3. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Oh wow man, those are two very cool basses! I've long lusted after a Thumb BO 6'er myself, I hope you enjoy it and put it to good use!

4. Keeaumoku

Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    Nice stuff, mate!

I, too, am a proud owner of a Warwick... 1999 Thumb-5 NT. I found this gem in one of Oahu's music stores last August. It was/is in excellent condition, and I 'stole' it for $1300US... :hyper:

5. Thanks guys :cool:

For Alistair R - Total (including shipping + customs blah) was AUS$2019. The bass was 2nd hand (but in pristine condition) and had a pricetag of US$1200.

The best I was quoted here in Brisbane was ~AUS$3800 so I definately saved a packet. Total transit time was 8 days. After this (fantastic) experience, I'm wondering if it's ever worth purchasing any 'big-ticket' musical gear from here in Australia at all...

/aside - does Warwick have any facility where I can type in my serial # & see the date of 'conception'? :)

6. Nice deal.

I suggest you check out the Bass centre in Melbourne for your bass gear. They will give you seriously low prices and they have service that is unparalleled.

You got a good price on that baby, none the less! :hyper:

7. goloa

goloa

Apr 22, 2005
    croatia
    Great bass! growly :D is it all wenge neck ?
    the year of 'conception' is carved in the back of the head by the serial #

8. Looks to me like body + neck is ovangol with a wenge fretboard. Year of conception is the same as my FNA - '03 :)

9. Oxblood

Oxblood Banned

Apr 17, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Beautiful setup you got there. Always had a soft spot for Thumb BO 6ers.

10. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Very nice. You have a killer setup all around there.:)

As to the date, I would suggest checking the Warwick site and emailing them with the serial number of your bass, and I am sure someone will give you the info you are looking for on it.

11. Nice basses!!

12. Peg_legs

Peg_legs

Nov 19, 2005
    Huntsville, AL
    Nice!!!!!!!!!!