Latest Fender Convert (Got pics!)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Insomniac, Jan 6, 2003.

1. Howdy!
    Here is a few pics of my new Fender jazz. I chose this MIM over the MIM P because i just felt this bass a lot better than any P, including a 1995 American P. I hope you all enjoy these pics...! Jazz owners unite!
  2. Can't beat a classic. Basic black, just like mine, except I'm a maple fretboard man. Have fun with it, I'm digging mine.
  3. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Bah, you can keep your black basses. But any Jazz is A-OK in my book. Congratulations on your purchase.
  4. supergreg

Jan 20, 2002
    I have seen alot of black with white pickgaurd fenders before and they never really tickled my fancy. But that one is just stunning. It has something about it. I just can't place my finger on it.
  5. Purdy, very purdy. Congrats on the conversion-
  6. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I prefer black/black by a smidge, but that's still a very pretty bass.
  7. pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Tuxedo Jazz, Hmmm :)
  8. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    Beautiful. Just add a black pickguard and it looks just like mine :)

Have fun! Dan
  9. hey guys, where can i get some new pick guards, i want a toritse sshell red and a black. Thanks for all the comments!
  10. lemonadeisgood

Aug 22, 2001
    Ah yes. Tortoise shell on black body. Very nice choice indeed.

I think you will find what your looking for at either or!
  11. rockbassist1087

rockbassist1087 Guest

Nov 29, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Nice bass...I agree, I like the Jazz tone better than the P bass tone in most cases.
  12. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Word of warning about the Warmoth pickguard on a MIM Jazz- it doesn't fit exactly. I bought one, and I had to make a little adjustment to make it fit. The cutout corner in the bottom right, where the control cavity plate is, doesn't fit. The wedge-shape needs to be widend out a little, as it were. I did this with a Dremel and then it slid on just fine.

The only other thing is that there are about three screw holes near the top (bass side) that don't line up. I think it was Hambone that filled in the holes with toothpicks and then drilled new ones where they needed to be. I, on the other hand, have not goten around to that yet. It still holds on just fine. You can't even tell from further than two feet away.
  13. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Those are my two favorites; both look great on a black jazz. Mines a black '83 Jazz (maple fretboard), I like the black/black best. Congrats, enjoy.
  14. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Black J, rosewood board-very nice. I had a MIA version(but sold it).
    Heres an action pic.......
  15. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Jeannie's Pickguards will do an exact match pickguard - you have to send them yours and they'll pattern one after it. Guaranteed to match. And they do great work, take a look at my old '95 MIM:

The Jeannie's pickguard fit a lot better than the original Fender.

They're not cheap though.
  16. Then it would look like mine with frets...Yummy!

I just bought a MIM Jazz and put a tortoisr pick guard on it. Looks nice!

17. BlacksHole

Mar 22, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    The tortoiseshell looks good on the black bass.
  18. pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Black jazz with white pearloid pg w/badass bridge (my tuxedo jazz). :cool: