1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Latest gig with my ASP5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bass32, Mar 30, 2013.

1. bass32

bass32

Jan 30, 2012
    Oklahoma
    Played our 2nd gig with my new ASP5 last weekend. A 2 nighter at large club and the bass sounded great. Big thunderous bottom sound set perfectly in the mix (not over bearing) with each note coming through clearly. People told me they could feel the bass. IMHO best compliment they could give me.

I played through my usual rig and our drummer surprised me by showing up with his Hartke 4x10 cabinet to add to my rig. He jokingly said it's a big stage, you need a big looking rig. It was really nice of him, but sound wise they weren't needed. Afterall my rig is really just a stage monitor for my bass. I run straight out of my SansAmp BDDI to the board.

Oh yeah, plenty of compliments on it's looks.

We're off again this weekend, then April and May are full up with at least 2 weekends per month for June, July and August. I'm sure we'll fill some of those dates before too long. Love playing the honky tonks of Oklahoma in a weekend band.

The club is almost 100 miles from the house, so I took my Squier VM V as a backup and sat it up on the stage with me.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We gave the club owner a signed First Act Guitar (I found this one on craigs list). Best PR move we ever made. She had a blast when we invited her to jam with us on stage while we played Oklahoma Breakdown. I think our front man enjoyed it even more.
    [​IMG]

A picture showing our view.
    [​IMG]

2. CBNJ

CBNJ Sorry brother.

Feb 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Nice! Any videos?

3. bass32

bass32

Jan 30, 2012
    Oklahoma
    I wish. That's something we need to get done. I've done a few using a ZOOM Handheld, but the quality wasn't that good.

4. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Love my 2010 Precision V.

Congrats on your new bass & busy gig schedule.

5. bass32

bass32

Jan 30, 2012
    Oklahoma
    Thanks P.Aaron. Really lovin' the ole p-bass sound. The jazz basses I own are good, but there's just somethin' about a p-bass that's hard to beat. At least for me anyway.
    For a production bass, this one is pretty good. Excellent fit and finish. Only had to fine tune the set up. Plays easy. Neck feels really good.
    Just a really good solid bass with a good traditional p-bass sound that can handle about any style of music.
    As far as our schedule.....we played together years ago and made a decent splash in our little pond. 4 out of the 6 original band members got back together a little over a year ago. We're starting to get back into the better gigs again. We don't know how long we'll continue this or how long the younger crowds will continue to like us, but we decided to to the best we can....while we can.
    We're nothin' special really. Just play to the best of our abilities and provide some entertainment. Not tryin' to be anything we're not. Just a good dance club band in Oklahoma.