Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Latest "Rock" Basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassPanther, Apr 3, 2002.

1. Has anyone tried the latest rock basses from Ibanez and Warwick? The warwick ones seem just like cheaper versions of their lines. But what about the supposed "strong output" pickups on the Ibanez'?

2. flames

flames Guest

Jun 30, 2001
    my house
    :eek: ibanez rock bass i havent heard of this
    but yeah those warwicks look like blocks of wood that should sell for 500 but and extra 100-300 for a name. to me (my judgement sucks) they look like they wouldnt sound like a warwick

3. I should've specified. The New ibanez's are the SRX's. Also the new warwicks are actually cheaper then the original's. I think they're supposed to be a more affordable type of bass.

4. flames

flames Guest

Jun 30, 2001
    my house
    yeah i figured that out after finished my post
    brain fart
    :rolleyes:

5. Dr. Funk

Dr. Funk

Oct 10, 2001
    Virginia
    I have an older Warwick (one of the good ones). I played a new rock bass the other day and I thought it was a great playing, sounding and looking bass. They are made in China. This one was very well built as far as I could tell. I may be the only one that thinks Warwick has hit a home run with the Rock Bass.