Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Latimour is back...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Mar 20, 2005.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Quick, delete all your posts questioning his manhood.

2. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    I want to hear all about his travels. :D

3. we're saved ! :D So how was your trip ?

4. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Yeah i saw him on AIM.

5. I miss Marky Mark and his funky bunch

6. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    No i'm not :ninja:

7. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    OKay, I am really back, but have just come back to work this morning and havent had time to post a proper thread (which I will get to). For those dying to remember what I look like, here is a photo of me at a market in Sapa, a town in Northern Vietnam right by the China border.

The town is home to a number of different ethnic minorities (Vietnam has 54 different ethnic groups, the largest the Khin, are what we call "Vietnamese").

The two girls walking past me are "H'mong" villagers and in the background is a Red Dhou (pronouced "Zhou") woman. WOrth noting is that those two girls are "fully grown" the local villagers are extremely short by Western standards, I dont think I met a villager over 5" tall in Sapa.

[​IMG]

BTW I am not really that fat, its just the 3 layers of clothing and the money / passport pocket. Oh, and I just just come back from one of the local villages and purchased a gift which explains the dinky little bag - it is not a "manbag".

:D

8. Why isn't Steph all over this thread?!?

Leigh

9. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Dude...that's a man-purse if I've ever seen one.

10. Sounds like a nice trip. Did you indulge in any Pho while you were there? Definately one of my favourite foods of all time. My brother frequents Vietnam for business. His company monitors the water levels in the rice fields to make their flooding go as well as possible.

11. 5'' tall. Thanks alot, now I got It's a Small Small World running through my head.

12. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Its not a man-purse.....its a gift...I swear :ninja:

Totally, we had Pho a lot, the Vietnamese mostly eat it for breakfast (the breakfast of champions), but I had it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, whenever. Actually in Saigon, I had a bowl of Pho Ba (beef) at "Pho 2000" a Pho restaurant that Bill Clinton visted and ate Pho at in 2003. There are pictures of him eating Pho up there and everything, its quite funny as the restaurant is famous for his visit! :)

13. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Sorry, 5 foot....we don't use none of that funny foot / inches stuff over here, but I thought you'd all be confused if I said 150cm :D ;)

14. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Welcome back, you fat, purse-wearing croc-fondler.

brad cook

15. ROFL...

Leigh

16. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    [​IMG]

Okay so, its not a croc...so sue me! :D

17. mark :D

news: kubicki out, KSD Jazz in :D :smug:

18. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I know he's back, he igonored me on AIM.

:p

19. I've been at school, insulting my teachers.

Welcome back Mark - I'd put that snake back where it belongs if I were you... if you get my drift... :ninja:

Oh, and nice man-bag. :p

20. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Huh? Someone say "man-bag"?

[​IMG]

brad cook