1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Latin - English anybody?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by caligula, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Hi everybody,
    I've been working on my Latin skills for university quite a lot in the last semesters and finally past the written & oral exam.:hyper:
    Of course, it's all done Latin - German.

Now I'd like to continue my studies going Latin - English.

Does anybody know any good material like grammar books and especially workbooks (with lots of exercises and keys) that are recommandable for selfstudy??
    Any Latin teacher around here? Anyone studying Latin?

Thanks a lot.

2. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    Paging Ms. Albrecht........

3. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I was a Latin Minor, and I remember we used a text that was chock full of errors. Wheelock's. I would avoid that one. I'll have to run through my stuff to figure out what I used beyond that.

4. Yeah, Maki, please do so.
    I read about that Wheelock's on amazon how great, super, etc it is.
    Always interesting to hear other opinions.

Any tip is appreciated!

5. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Yeah. Although it might have improved since I was in school. But the version we had a lot of errors and our professor had to keep giving us edits and stuff. But the fact that we still used it might be a testament to the fact that there isn't really a lot of stuff out there. You might be out of luck. It might be buried in some box at my folks house.

6. PM sent.

7. Romanes eunt domus...

nuff said, hehe

8. Salvete omnes.....ego sum Elissa. Kitharista mala sum. Volo tympanistam esse.....quod tympanistae boni sunt et tympani pulsare volui.

Necesse est mihi exiire.....valete omnes!