Lauryn Hill + Against Will= <3<3<3<3<3

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Against Will, May 15, 2004.

1. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    It's always a weird experience when I dig through all my music collection and pulls out an old record that I haven't listened to in a long while. Sometimes it brings back old memories and the music gains a new dimension that makes me love it all over again. Sometimes it sounds hollow and uninspired and I wonder what happened to the record I used to love and question whether I'm just not in the mood for it, or if I should consider taking it to the CD store for them to put it in their used bin.

And sometimes I pull out an old album that slaps me right across my unexpecting face and throws me to the floor. I wonder how I was so stupid to have overlooked this album for so long, but at the same time I relish the joy I experience in this situation.

Currently, I am experiencing this with Lauryn Hill's "Miseducation of...", which completely kicked my ass. I looked up what she's been up to lately (haven't heard anything), and she released an unplugged album a couple of years ago. I listened to it....and POW!, I got my ass kicked again by Ms. Hill's high-octane kung-fu musical skill. I plan to start playing along with her records and dress like her.