1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Lauryn Hill + Against Will= <3<3<3<3<3

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Against Will, May 15, 2004.

1. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    It's always a weird experience when I dig through all my music collection and pulls out an old record that I haven't listened to in a long while. Sometimes it brings back old memories and the music gains a new dimension that makes me love it all over again. Sometimes it sounds hollow and uninspired and I wonder what happened to the record I used to love and question whether I'm just not in the mood for it, or if I should consider taking it to the CD store for them to put it in their used bin.

And sometimes I pull out an old album that slaps me right across my unexpecting face and throws me to the floor. I wonder how I was so stupid to have overlooked this album for so long, but at the same time I relish the joy I experience in this situation.

Currently, I am experiencing this with Lauryn Hill's "Miseducation of...", which completely kicked my ass. I looked up what she's been up to lately (haven't heard anything), and she released an unplugged album a couple of years ago. I listened to it....and POW!, I got my ass kicked again by Ms. Hill's high-octane kung-fu musical skill. I plan to start playing along with her records and dress like her.