Law & Order: SVU

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Jan 26, 2005.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Is anyone else sick and tired of episodes with some pervert having a weird obsession with Olivia? I swear, tonights episode is the 3rd or 4th one...
  2. Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    Isn't she the hot one?
  3. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    no, shes the butch.
  4. She's definitely a beautiful lady... short hair, but hardly butch. IIRC, the actress that plays her, Mariska Hargitay, is Jayne Mansfield's (a former playboy playmate) daughter.
  5. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA

good question... :D

6. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    First off, I don't like short hair on women. Or, for that matter, really skinny women. And blonde hair is my fifth favorite of the three major hair colors. I generally want women to look like women, not like nine-year-old boys with breast implants. So a lot of the allegedly hot actresses on TV just don't work for me.

But occasionally there is one who is hot in spite of not being my usual type. I often can't figure out what specifically makes them hot to me. I just enjoy looking.

Mariska Hargitay is DEFINITELY on the hot list. She's gorgeous. I don't like her hairdo. But I suspect she could look good wearing one of those rainbow clown wigs.

Jenna Elfman is another one that really works for me even though she shouldn't. She's waaaaaaay too skinny, with short, blonde hair. My first thought seeing a picture of her was sort of 'meh.' Then I saw the first episode of 'Dharma and Greg' and decided I was reeeeeeeally impressed.
  7. fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Actually, I like her better with short hair. Early on in the show she had longer hair and didn't look as good. That being said, I usually like girls with longer hair.
  8. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Oh, my... lovely.
  9. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Mmm shes one of the few reasons i watch that show.
  10. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Careful, Money. This could easily turn into another SUV thread.

brad cook
  11. I decide what Laws & Orders apply to me while I'm driving my SUV. (Snare hit, crash) :meh:

Mariska's OK, but I like Diane "Casey" Neal.

I missed the show- I went to a bar and watched Wisconsin get their rear ends handed to them by Illinois. :mad:
  12. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    what's your view on mullets?
  13. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I am bored with Law and Order anyway. Soon CSI will probably suffer the same "over-run" "over-spun" fate.

CSI like Law & Order started out cool though.
  14. bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    I like SVU and thought last night's episode was decent. Anyone else notice the trailers for the new series? It's like "Law & Order: Trial by Jury" or something like that.
  15. Was that the "Lennie Briscoe" spinoff series?
  16. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    No not really. This obsession with her wasn't a real plot driver. Granted it showed deeper into the mind of that guilt crazed man. It moved the story along fine, but it wasn't all that importent to whole story.

.........I had to but that cause I'm studying for an english exam. Now to the really important part of the post.

17. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Hell, I'm obsessing about Mariska, so I can understand why they'd have characters do the same!!!!

...damn, she's hot...
  18. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Speakin of hot and CSI, Marge Helgenberger is just about the hottest 40 plus I've ever seen. I'd eat cake off her derierre.
  19. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    I thought the episode was well written.

I don't think it's unrealistic for (male) sickos to obsess over the female detectives that would be working their cases...probably see them as a surrogate mother (males or females) or someone who hurt them romantically, sexually, or otherwise...

...what would be interesting, is if they did a storyline where someone was obsessing over one of the MALE detectives...male or female...that would be pushing the envelope a little...Olivia's partner, he would not react well to that kind of thing...but he'd buckle down and use it to solve the case...
  20. hammer2748

Feb 22, 2002
    Hartford, CT
    Yikes! I always thought she was hot, now no doubt!!!!