1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

lawd help the world now..at least locally

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by BassGirl1122, Sep 4, 2008.

1. within hearing distance of the club I play at...now they got me singing...:meh: some how, some reason, they like my voice...eh.
    they MUST be deaf!!!!!!
    bass playing went good too! and this time I wore shoes!!! :p

2. mrokern

mrokern TB's resident Rush freak

Jul 20, 2007
    Minneapolis, MN
    LOL!

Yeah, my band has me singing as well. It makes me worry about how good their sense of pitch really is... :p

-Mark

3. spunj13

spunj13

May 14, 2007
    niles, mi
    i have several years of vocal training under my belt, yet... my first band wouldn't let me even NEAR a mic until close to the end of it.

[spunj13]

4. b_carville

b_carville

Jun 26, 2008
    Just keep doing it M'lady. You WILL get better at it and you will get more gigs!
    I beat out a lot of much better players then me for gigs because I can sing.
    If you like Selena I'll bet you got some vocal chops.
    Keep on doin'.

5. Dave R

Dave R

Sep 21, 2007
    Boise, ID USA
    Singing is fun. Especially singing the harmonies.

Singing harmonies is like being a bass player. You don't get the respect that the lead singer gets, but you get the satisfaction of knowing that you are making the lead sound as good as they do.

And when you're looking for gigs, being able to say you play bass AND sing harmonies makes you much more valuable.

6. Whenever I even hear a HINT that the bandleader or the keys wants a mic anywhere near me, I shut it down fast... Not ever gonna happen.. ever. I'm absolutely thrilled when I hear people that can sing well.. I was not endowed with this gift.