1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Lawsuit jazz bass wanted

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dwarf_, Apr 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dwarf_

dwarf_

Mar 29, 2015
    Hi,

although I've been going to talkbass to search for information for a while, I only registered recently and here's the reason - I am in the US for a vacation as for now and I would like to go back to Europe with a nice lawsuit jazz bass. Why lawsuit? It's simple - I like them (already have a killer Tokai P bass 80-81), I like vintage stuff, and it's a nice way to have a nice sounding, old, mojo bass with some history for a great price. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to have vintage Fender (even more after I saw videos on youtube with Bobby Vega and his collection), but first of all - I'm not making music for a living, so I don't find necessary to have 2000+ $ bass (yet), and also I can't spend money I don't have.

I have already made a thread in Wanted section, but I'll try it this way, because I think more people will notice it here.

The best scenario would be a nice jazz, sunburst, black pickguard, maple neck and maple fretboard with block inlays and a Ibanez Silver Series (I don't know why, but these just appeal to me the most, somehow).

The other scenario would include any color (except black, never liked black instruments - although the Memphis Geddy Style Jazz being for sale by sunbeast has some serious mojo and it looks to be a nice instrument) with maple neck and maple fretboard.

Also If I'm getting the bass I'd rather get it from talkbass, since I consider people here being nice and fair in general. But also, I'm located in Washington DC, does anyone (who knows the area) know about place I could go to - if being lucky enough - to find it here? Flea markets, shops with vintage stuff, anything like that? You know, to have 'the story' about finding the bass and stuff.

I would appreciate any advice, tips or if anyone is thinking about selling lawsuit jazz here on TB...

I just want to get a bass I will like and enjoy playing it as a nice memory from my US visit.

2. wintremute

wintremute mediocrity at its finest

Oct 16, 2014
    Vegas
    Endorsing Artist: Langstrom Carrot Farms
    Good luck, and welcome to America.

3. Dluxe

Dluxe

Jan 9, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Austin Vintage Guitars has a nice sunburst Memphis Lawsuit Jazz with black blocks and binding on a maple neck.

4. lfmn16

lfmn16 SUSPENDED Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2011
    charles town, wv
    Lots of good reproductions of vintage Jazz basses available, Ben Lindsey, Nash, Bluesman. I'd go that route.

5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Sorry, but we don't allow cross posting or posting in the wrong forum just to get more views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.