Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

layla 24/Cubasis newbie question

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Funkateer, Feb 21, 2003.

1. Funkateer

Funkateer

Jul 5, 2002
    Los Gatos, CA
    I am unable to select output ch 1/2 from the VST Channel Mixer. Echo support says that this is because some other application has 1/2 in use. I am running XP Home and used the task manager to kill anything that looked like it was using audio. Does XP start some application I am unaware of that is tying up the channels? I can switch the output to ch 3/4 and the demo song plays back fine. When I am using output ch 1/2 and play the song back, all I hear is the click track.

Someone understand what is going on?

Thanks!

2. BigTed

BigTed

Jul 1, 2002
    San Diego
    I'm not infront of my Home Computer, so this is a guess, but maybe it is because you have it selected as "preferred playback device" in the Sound Control Panel. If you still have your onboard or generic PCI sound card, use that for all of your system sounds. Hope that helps.

3. Funkateer

Funkateer

Jul 5, 2002
    Los Gatos, CA
    Big Ted. That was it. Thanks! Now, onto the next level of newbie fumbling ...