For Sale LDS Custom Cabs

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by FiveStringer1, Sep 25, 2017.

1. FiveStringer1

FiveStringer1

Oct 28, 2013
    Price:
    LDS Custom built bass cabs.

Two available - 1 cab is 800 watts rms and 2nd cab is 700 watts rms - 8ohm each
    1 cab weighs in at 60 pounds and the other 80 pounds. One cab was built with 5/8" plywood and the other 3/4" plywood.

These cabs were custom built by Don Oatman just prior to his retirement at his company, Low Down Sound (LDS).

Cab #1 has a 10" and a 15" with a 6.5 for highs. Fiatal 15" /Eminence 10" & 6.5" - with a custom crossover.
    Cab #2 has a 10" and a 15" with a horn for highs. Both Eminence & (Foster horn?) with an SWR crossover.

Great bottom end!

Each cab cost me over $800 and they come with custom made LeCover branded covers.

Wrapped in a wicked red snake skin tolex!

I need to get $600.00 + shipping for each cab.

These cabs have never been gigged or even left
    the home. MINT!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  2. lethal dose

lethal dose

Apr 10, 2016
    I could be wrong... but I don't think Don is retired. I just spoke with him. :)

G RICH 5 and /\/\3phist0 like this.
  3. FiveStringer1

FiveStringer1

Oct 28, 2013
    Well, he told me that these were the last cabs he was going to build. I had also tried contacting him about building some cabs for a friend and left several voice mails. He never got back to me. My friend had even tried calling with no response. So, I assumed that his word was true. His wife was in the hospital and he no longer had the time to put into this and he also told me he had lost interest.

4. lethal dose

lethal dose

Apr 10, 2016
    Wow. Doesn't sound like Don. Maybe I'll touch base with him and see how things are going.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  5. FiveStringer1

FiveStringer1

Oct 28, 2013
    BUMP

6. FiveStringer1

FiveStringer1

Oct 28, 2013
    Anyone interested? These are great cabs and they're just sitting here. I'm not playing anymore.

7. Joe Donley

Joe Donley

Dec 17, 2016
    How much does the 10x15x6.5 weigh?

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 20, 2022