1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

LDS fliptop 2 way 15/6 for my pf500. opinions?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MrCool84, Feb 22, 2013.

1. So I want a 15 for my pf500 but couldn't decide between the 115he and115lf so I emailed don with some ideas. So a rear ported 15/6 fliptop with a 4ohm emenince kappa15 and sealed emenince alpha6. Same cosmetics as pf's. 600 watts rms I believe. Is this a crazy stupid idea that I should discard and just go with the pf115he or do think it will work and sound awesome with the pf500? Or hold out for the new nv115? I also have a bassman 100t that I would use with it. I'm ignorant to cab design and what will and will not work so thank you so much for your time and knowledge talkbass!

2. Its gonna cost about 250 more then the pf115 he.

3. A couple of concerns.

1.) The success of this will really depend on the implementation of the flip top. Rattles and such need to be addressed, as you dont want your flip top vibrating off.

2.) Better be sure you only need the volume of one of those cabs. For me that would not be loud enough.

4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    +1 never mind the "ratings" of the cab, the main concern would be is one 15 enough? Wouldn't do it for me, and I'm usually good with a 212. If the Fender amp will be happy @ 8 ohms, I'd surely go with an 8 ohm 1x15, so you're not cornered with one cab only.

5. Woodstockz

Woodstockz

Sep 23, 2011
    San Diego, Ca
    Yeah. But it would be cool in blue tolex.

6. MLC_BassPlayer

MLC_BassPlayer Gold Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2010
    Apex, NC
    I have played through one PF-115he. I'm often glad that I have two of them.

7. +1

8. Yea volume was one of my concerns also and that's why I went with the 4ohm kappa. So with the 500 watts of the pf I was thinking it would be plenty for small to med gigs. And the success. Of the fliptop is in the builders hands. I was also considering the pf115LF which I know u like CL400.

9. Woodstockz

Woodstockz

Sep 23, 2011
    San Diego, Ca
    Hi,

I'm looking at doing something similar. Did you get a reply from LDS? How much would this cost?

Thanks.

10. iualum

iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    If you're really considering a new NV115 (& the associated bucks), then the 15/6 you should do is an Eminence 3015LF & 18Sound 6ND410 (or a 15/5 with the 3015LF & Faital Pro M5N8-80). Or a 15 & high frequency driver with an Eminence 3015 (non-LF) or Faital Pro 15PR400 & a Selenium D220Ti.

11. Yes. 625 with the 4 ohm kappa 15 or 600 with the 8 ohm delta

12. Yea those drivers are a lot more expensive. Plus the nv115 is a more vintage sound. And I believe those drivers give a more modern sound. Then again I know jack shot.

13. Woodstockz

Woodstockz

Sep 23, 2011
    San Diego, Ca
    So, if that's the case, I might as well buy a PF-115HE for $399 and install my own drivers. What would be the advantage of going with LDS?

Not flaming, just trying to understand.

14. Well the pf has a tweetet and lds has the sealed mid chamber. Plus the crossover would be different so I think it would be more complicated then jusr a swap. But like I said I'm ignorant and still trying to learn this stuff. Someone else may set me straight.

15. So ur saying it would work and its not a totally outrageous idea?

16. * shrug * maybe yes maybe no. Depends on your builder.

17. Don at LDS

18. Ok I'm gonna defy al odds and go with the 115HE AND 115LF.

19. If you are going with a flip top from ampeg, go with two of the 115he's.

20. iualum

iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    Yes, you're 100% right. More expensive. But that's why I asked if you're truly thinking about that Berg. If so, what'll it cost? Sure a pretty penny. And for my money (which it isn't, lol, it's yours of course), I'd much rather do any of the boxes I mentioned.