Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

LDS MINI REVIEW

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by burk48237, Feb 23, 2005.

1. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    As I was saying in my last thread, I broke down and ordered an LDS 2 X 10 Neo about three weeks ago. My requirements for this cab were #1 8 ohm,wanted to run it with my Eden 410T on larger gigs. #2 Stackable with my Eden (same base dimensions) and highly portable. # 3 Able to play smaller rooms, rehersals on it's own and handle the low B from my Metro ( a mighty fine,sexy low B I might add). And now for the mini Review. This cabinet is just slightly quiter then my Eden 410T, and very efficient. As far as low end it's actually clearer then the Eden, they both thump but the Eden seems warmer. Up high is where the LDS shines it seems more defined then the Eden but not High Fi, very natural sounding. It almost seems to have the perfect fingerstyle sound,very deffined and it almost seems to like the low B string. On slap it tends to grind a little bit closer to Flea then Stainly or Marcus. Now the best part, price 549, weight 41 lbs. and this is a large cab not what I would call a mini 210. And the real good news, run together they seem to be made for each other, the warmth of the Eden and clarity of the LDS. One other quick note the sellinium tweeter on the LDS it is the real deal, I'm running at about 25%,anything above that is sizzle!

2. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    oops, wrong photo