1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

LDS Speaker Cabinet - 8x6.5"s / 2x5"s FS/FT

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by ArenW, Feb 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArenW

ArenW

Jan 14, 2004
    Cocoa, FL
    For Sale or Trade-

8x6.5"w/2 5" Midrange Drivers & Bullet Tweeter. 4 front firing speakers & 2 pairs in rear on opposing sides. 450 watts RMS. 22" H, 16"W, 18"D.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I love this cabinet. Its the best sounding cabinet for double bass that I've used thus far, and it is a monster for those of you who double on bass guitar. LDS had double bass specifically in mind when they built this. For any of you that have not worked with Low Down Sound in the past, Don(the owner and cabinet maker) is great to deal with and does top notch work. The only drawback for me is the weight. If I didn't have the back troubles that I have, I would keep it. However, my body tells me to get a small cabinet and hope the P.A. can do the rest of the work for the louder gigs.

The cabinet has been gently used with the usual minor scuffs to the carpet, but nothing significant (the pics are from the showroom before I bought it). All the speakers are in top notch shape. I would like to get $500 or an equal value trade for this cabinet. I am really interested in getting my hands on an EA-Whizzy/Acoustic Image/Raezers Edge type set up.

I am not opposed to shipping this but you would have to make all of the arrangements. I don't know the weight but will check into it for anyone that is interested.

Thanks for looking.

Aren Winebrenner

2. Standalone

Standalone

Jan 17, 2005
    New Haven
    wow. two speakers each for my band's drummer and guitar player. That would be perfect! I don't really have an equal value trade for you, though.

Who spec'd out that cab? Was it your design?

3. ArenW

ArenW

Jan 14, 2004
    Cocoa, FL
    The specs/design is by Low Down Sound in Detroit, MI. Don really does great work.

The drummers that I play with always appreciate the side firing speakers.

4. jar240

jar240 Supporting Member

I'm interested in knowing the weight. Could you throw it on your bathroom scale?

Chris

5. ArenW

ArenW

Jan 14, 2004
    Cocoa, FL
    90 lbs. - magnets are heavy!

6. ArenW

ArenW

Jan 14, 2004
    Cocoa, FL
    Price reduced - $500.

7. ArenW

ArenW

Jan 14, 2004
    Cocoa, FL
    Price reduced once more! $425. Trade offers are welcome as well. Thanks for looking.

8. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    What's the weight and impedance rating?

9. ArenW

ArenW

Jan 14, 2004
    Cocoa, FL
    90 lbs
    4 ohms

10. ArenW

ArenW

Jan 14, 2004
    Cocoa, FL
    Deal pending.

11. jschall84

jschall84

Mar 14, 2007
    fort wayne, in
    Bad MammaJamma
    let me know if it doesnt go through. i am still interested in checking this out and possibly selling my gk cab if i like it better.

12. ArenW

ArenW

Jan 14, 2004
    Cocoa, FL
    Sold! Thanks and enjoy!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.