1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Le Fay Herr Schwarz 5 - LeFay Premium Upgrades. Absolutely amazing!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by crossover, Sep 7, 2019.

1. crossover

crossover Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2010
    NY
    Price:
    $3350
    Strings:
    It’s very rare to see a Le Fay offered for sale and with such good reason. They tend to be keepers and you’ll only want to add others. The sound and ergonomics are unparalleled - I’m a huge fan! This is one of the most tonally versatile basses you could own - flat out amazing! The string to string balance, punch and sustain are unreal. The evenness and presentation of notes rivals the best carbon neck instruments. In addition to a traditional JB sound, it can also cop very convincing Music Man and Ken Smith tones due to the pickup placement and 6-way rotary switch; P-Bass? Got you covered!

l1gxzamynxp381rvj8vp.jpg d0l7mlwbkmrfyvsugt0f.jpg n0ke9yfzkyhqtrrmi0nv.jpg olblzrcjohnq96lvyejv.jpg gj2fghztuihwau7yncxi.jpg z9ni4msrep6buzu7s4ws.jpg opl7arzkyygxgix1rmfq.jpg z0zy8kbxxwa7xaobydfq.jpg libybgollm6ioxrm5q7a.jpg

Specifications:
    • Ash body
    • High gloss Lamborghini White finish with matching headstock (upcharge)*
    • Maple, carbon reinforced neck w/ magnetic truss rod cover access
    • Maple fingerboard
    • Zero Fret/Nut
    • Mother-of-Pearl block inlays (upcharge)
    • 24-fret
    • 3 Single-coil pickup system
    • Volume with active/passive switch push/pull
    • 6-position rotary switch - varies combinations of parallel, single coil, series operation
    • Active Bass & Treble Controls
    • Passive Tone (operates in both Active and Passive modes)
    • Le Fay proprietary hardware, electronics and pickups.
    • 1.75 nut width
    • 19mm spacing
    • 34” scale
    • 9lbs 6oz
    • Road Runner Gigbag [included (purchased separately)]

Price one out, add in options, factor exchange rate, import fees and build time (ouch). This bass built new would land at nearly $6000 (sans case/bag as none are provided). Instant gratification at $3350 Shipped/Insured within the lower 48. Low-ball offers will be kindly ignored. Please PM with any inquiries. Willing to meet for a local deal. Paypal ok.

*The cosmetic blems were depicted for full disclosure. They're subtle in person, and hidden all together while playing.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
  2. crossover

Mar 1, 2010
    NY
    Many trade offers (thank you), but only looking to sell outright.

3. Sid the Kid

Sid the Kid Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2013
    Illinois
    Beautiful bass! Good luck with the sale!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    crossover likes this.
  4. crossover

Mar 1, 2010
    NY
    Thank you for posting. I purposely didn’t include that video as someone unfamiliar with Le Fay may get the wrong impression of the instrument, and possibly think it a niche bass. Nathan does a great job showing its competency in nailing the “heavier” stuff. SurprisingIy, I only hear him using two of the six settings. I’m far from a metal player and find it to be extremely versatile in many genres.

5. crossover

Mar 1, 2010
    NY
    Took this down for awhile, as I thought I would have her refinished. I've decided the temptation afterwards (to keep) would be too great.
    Fence-sitters, now's your chance! ;)

6. Bassheart365

Bassheart365

Oct 19, 2014
    Northern California
    "A good bassist determines the direction of any band." - Ron Carter
    Not many bass players know about Le Fay basses. They are made in very limited quantities in Germany by two brothers. I own a Le Fay Singer. Very similar to this model. I can attest to all of the accolades attributed to this bass. Attention to detail and craftsmanship is unparalleled. All tonal options are covered by the pickup placement and 6 position selector switch. Music man? yep. Jazz? yep. Precision? yep. This is a very reasonably priced bass. I bought mine as soon as I watched the 5 string bass shot out on youtube by Nathan Navarro. To me the Herr Schwartz won hands down. GLWTS!

daveonbass and crossover like this.
  7. crossover

Mar 1, 2010
    NY
    Thank you for sharing your experience and affirmation - couldn’t agree more!
    I feel Le Fay will always be one of those “best kept secret” brands. A shame, as Reiner and Meik are great people as well as talented builders.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 15, 2021