No longer available Le Fay Pangton 5 - Rare LeFay with Premium Upgrades - AS NEW!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by crossover, Jan 18, 2020.

1. crossover

crossover Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2010
    NY
    Price:
    $4800
    Strings:
    Le Fay Pangton 5 - I'm the sole owner from new and she remains in immaculate condition. It’s very rare to see a Le Fay offered for sale and with good reason. They tend to be keepers and you’ll only want to add others; I don't know of anyone that stopped at just one after owning their first example. One of the most tonally versatile bass I've ever owned - flat out amazing! The sound and ergonomics are unparalleled - I’m a huge fan! The evenness and presentation of notes rivals the best carbon neck instruments - string to string balance, punch and sustain are unreal. In addition to a traditional JB sound, it can also cop very convincing Music Man and Ken Smith tones due to the pickup placement and 6-way rotary switch; P-Bass? No problem! This bass is ready to travel the world as it fits into overhead airplane bins with ease.

Specifications:
    • Solid Ash body
    • Jet Blue Grey with sealed-pore satin finish*
    • Padauk carbon reinforced set neck w/ magnetic truss rod cover access
    • Ebony fingerboard*
    • Mother-of-Pearl position markers
    • 24-fret with "premium" stainless steel frets
    • B-Bow*
    • 3 Single-coil pickup system
    • Volume with active/passive switch push/pull
    • 6-position rotary switch - varies combinations of parallel, single coil, series operation
    • Active Bass & Treble Controls, boost only
    • Passive Tone (operates in both Active and Passive modes)
    • Le Fay proprietary hardware, electronics and pickups.
    • 1.75 nut width
    • 19mm spacing
    • 34” scale
    • 9lbs 4oz

Price one out, add in options*, factor exchange rate, shipping/import fees and build time (ouch). This bass built new would land in excess of $7000. Instant gratification at $4800 Shipped/Insured within the lower 48. Low-ball offers will be kindly ignored. NO TRADES, thank you. Please PM with any inquiries. Willing to meet for a local deal. Paypal ok.

I've provided a studio photo from Le Fay and a link to the build sheet for reference; please note price is in Euro and does not factor aforementioned landed delivery costs. Additional photos coming.

Detailed Build Sheet for this LeFay Pangton 5

84432CDD-5C00-40D4-9E0C-2821FA141FF1.jpeg C65BCC3A-DEC4-44F2-B2F7-8694B9933CC8.jpeg 6DC36E8A-D61F-4F4F-A46E-7FD3EE23A11B.jpeg 70530ED1-32D3-4CF1-9B96-F311838EAE78.jpeg C045ABBB-C432-49E0-9077-A6E303E359A9.jpeg D2FA8426-891E-470C-9E94-5DDEBFADBB77.jpeg ECAD0413-33BF-4161-90B8-F7A76612177B.jpeg 1D34E4CB-ED52-4334-9E39-465B69EC2F0B.jpeg 8EBA5AFB-DCC4-48C3-97CE-555423BDDA26.jpeg

pangton_top.jpg

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
    handofseven, Stewart13, B-Lo and 10 others like this.
  2. fedenybass

fedenybass Supporting Member

You have the most desirable basses on Tb! I’ve owned 1 Le Fey and it killed! I apologize for derailing your post... I wanted to ask you your thoughts on the B-now which I saw you opted for. Please feel free to pm me I’d your not comfortable responding on your post. Best of luck! This pangton is gorgeous!!!

Jeff Elkins, Danjoman and crossover like this.
  3. crossover

Mar 1, 2010
    NY
    Thank you all around! You're always welcome to PM me if the following doesn't suffice.

Cliff Notes (for all) on the B-Bow option: It basically allows for the truss rod setting to have less compromise with regards to the adjustment of the B/E strings (slight bow/tension) vs the A/D/G (flat/more relief). So it further advances (the already superb) ergonomics, and is more of a "feel" thing. The Dobbratz brothers are always trying to one-up their work, and this furthers that effort by adjusting the instrument to the human (preferable), as opposed to the other way around.

fedenybass likes this.
  4. 57pbass

57pbass Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Bayside, New York
    Amazing...GLWTS

fedenybass and crossover like this.
  5. S.O.T.G. Rich

S.O.T.G. Rich Gold Supporting Member

Nov 14, 2014
    Corpus Christi Texas
    Some of the best on the planet hands down!

fedenybass and crossover like this.
  6. crossover

Mar 1, 2010
    NY
    More photos added to original post.
    Last photo in my series most accurately depicts the color.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
  7. OldTimerSB

OldTimerSB Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2016
    Wow, that’s gorgeous... GLWTS!

crossover likes this.
  8. flyingfinbar

flyingfinbar Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Long Island, New York
    Holy F...I’ve never been so smitten with the back of a bass in my life. Spectacular. GLWS.

Cyril_YU, S.O.T.G. Rich and crossover like this.
  9. crossover

Mar 1, 2010
    NY
    NLA - Appreciate all of the interest.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021