Leaked new Radiohead

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by BehindTheMoon, Apr 25, 2003.

1. I've just become aware that Radiohead's latest, "Hail To The Thief", was leaked in it's entirety onto the P2P system and has been doing the rounds.

I'm not sure how I feel about this, since breaking in a new album is one of my favourite experiences, and letting poor quality unmastered sound diminish that just feels wrong.

On the other hand, staving off the temptation until July may not be easy.
  2. mkone17

Sep 3, 2000
    Pittsburgh, PA
    My roomate got it online about 10 days ago, according to him the recording was stolen from the band, and they're pretty mad about it.
  3. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    One of the band members recently said something to the effect of "You're cheating yourself and the band because the songs that are out don't accurately reflect the finished product."
    That's a paraphrase.

brad cook
  4. This is old news dude....:p

I don't remember hearing the band being mad about it....

From what I heard the band were surprised but not really angry about it. They did say that they though people weren't getting the finished product and they weren't really concerned about losing revenue.

I'm waiting until it comes out on disc. I don't like listening to albums on my comp. I only listen to MP3's when I'm working, beside, MP3's quality is worse than CDs I think.
  5. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    read this...

6. i've had it for weeks. get with the program, BTM! :p
  7. NioeZero

Sep 2, 2001
    The album is gorgeous, finished or not. The final product should be magnificent. I'm buying it the day that it's released.
  8. You're right. Maybe I should practice less, and P2P more. :rolleyes:

Considering that exactly the same thing happened to Amnesiac and was a great success at sales time, I'm wondering if the whole thing is a deliberate ploy.