1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Learn How to Change Your Tone - New YouTube video !

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Dynastes, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Dynastes

Dynastes

Jun 22, 2002
    Denmark
    Hey fellow bass heads! :bassist: I'm happy to share my second bass lessons video. It's been a while! But I've been heavily into cinematography the last 6 months, so hopefully the video quality is improved, and the next ones are gonna be scripted and with less cuts. Other than that, I'd love your comments, suggestions, critical but constructive critique (it takes longer than you'd think to make a 4 minute video, so don't be too harsh).

Anyway, enough talk, here is the link and description - please comment below the video on youtube.

http://youtu.be/A1-1wwJEoac?hd=1

Bass Lessons 2: Learn How to Change Your Tone on a 4 & 5 string - By Torben Scharling

In this video, you'll learn 4 ways of getting a unique, proper bass tone. I'll go through the knobs/dials found on most active bass guitars, what they do and how you configure them for a desired sound. Audio examples on the 5string fretless and 4string fretted.

2. levis76

levis76 Seconds from getting ba...

Apr 14, 2007
    Metro Detroit
    Hopefully the video is aimed at beginners, I thought maybe it was going to get into some of the more subtle changes in tone. That is not the case.

Having said that, it was shot very well and the sound quality is top notch. The example riffs are smooth and it's obvious you are well practiced and comfortable with your instrument.

3. Dynastes

Dynastes

Jun 22, 2002
    Denmark
    Hey, thanks for watching and commenting! I'm going through some of the basics or foundations first. Then when I get more comfortable with all the technical considerations and being in front of the camera, it'll get progressively more advanced.

My idea is to make these videos, and have even early beginners follow along, while advanced players still learn a thing or two.

Also, the message of subtleties are harder to get through via video, and I actually cut half of this video out, because it became to boring and nit-picky (something that advanced players might not find boring, but that's a tradeoff).

4. That's a really well shot and edited video.

5. Dynastes

Dynastes

Jun 22, 2002
    Denmark
    Thanks so much!

Hopefully with a script next time there won't be need for as much editing, but that's the beauty of practice :)