Learning Songs

Discussion in 'Ask Michael Dimin' started by bcarll, Jan 30, 2002.

1. bcarll

Oct 16, 2001

Have really enjoyed trying the chord approach to bass playing and hope to soon get your book. You did say that songs were not included because of copywrite legal issues and we understand that. Could we however have you post the chord progressions to some of these songs such as The Shadow of Your Smile ---- How High The Moon. I then feel most of us beginning students could figure out the lines between chords whether it be the melody or the walking bass. Autumn Leaves has really been a joy to learn and Misty is proving to be a challenge but I know I'll get it soon.

One more question Mike --- does your book have chord diagrams in it or just the knowledge to build them?

Thanks for all your help!

2. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Clinician: EA, Zon, Boomerang, TI. Author "The Art of Solo Bass"
    Sorry I've taken so long to get back to you. It has been quite a hectic week. I got all my charts from a fake book. It is not a bad idea to own at least one. That being said, there is a site that has ALL the fake book charts on-line. I have the URL somewhere. let me look and try to get it to you.

The book has notation, pictures and TAB to help identify and play the chords.

p.s. Misty is a bit of a tough one