Least Favorite song(s) to play....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by fretless5, Mar 6, 2001.

1. What song (or songs) cause you extreme intestinal distress? What is that little ditty that your band plays that curdles your blood? Is there one that you just CANNOT force yourself to play? For me it's:

"Wonderful Tonight" by Clapton. It's not wonderful tonight, it
    was NEVER wonderful. I need at least $100 cash in my
    hand to play this piece o' crap.

"Rocky Top" 'nuff said.

"Color My World" ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!! Help.

Maybe these date me a bit, but they are my top 3. I am SO glad I will never have to play any of these again.

What are yours?
  2. "smells like teen spririt" =P I ABSOLUTELY HATE THIS SONG NOW!! My little rhythm guitarist who suck (mainly b/c he's only been playing for 6 months) makes my band play this song every week. I'm the only freaking one in the group who knows how many times to play everything! =P *smacks everyone in his group* Enough with that song! It's far too overrated. blaaahhhhhhhhhhh
  3. wow fretless5 you have my top 2
    for the southern classics, sweet home alabama and that song by the almans, i forget the name but it starts, Lord i was born a blah blah, trying to make a living and doing the best i can, when its time to leave hear i hope you understand, i was born a can't remember.

that one is now my #1 now that i think of it.
  4. Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Kiss's LICK IT UP...zzzzzz
  5. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Anything by Ratt, Poison or Guns N' Roses.

Will C.:cool:
  6. yeah, I'm bored of playing "Smells like Teen Spirit" with a covers band too. there's not much the bassist can do really.
    it's good for jumping about during, though:p
    I'm a bit bored of playing "Lithium" as well.........maybe I can put a jazz walking line in during the verse with no guitar to liven it up.....
  7. Ramblin' Man?

I agree. Blah.

For me its "Wheat Kings" by the Tragically Hip. Actually, anything by the Tragically Hip.

8. gruff: sweet home alabama? I LOVE that song!! :cool: :)

but there´s no boring song on the top of my head right now... come back later! :)
  9. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wonderful Tonight is also on my list. Also, any ballads. ~shudder~ And any Metallica. I can't do it anymore. In one of my bands back home, all we played was Metallica... even the songs our guitarist wrote sounded like Metallica. I'm almost glad I don't play in that band anymore...
  10. =P I love playing metallica (well cliff burton's stuff on Kill 'Em All and Master of Puppets).
  11. 'swallowed' by Bush - My band used to play it as an 'and now something for the ladies' cover....

As Henry Rollins once said: ....'no testosterone, no presence, no reason to be on stage.....simpering, apologetic, wimpy musicians and their nowhere bland pop music...'

Enough Said.
  12. Little Black Backpack......

I used to love the song, but talk about overdone in a bar situation.......
  13. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    It's a tie. "Unforgivable" and "Electric Slide".

One time I did them both in the same set. I could just hear my self respect being flushed down the toilet.......

Also not a big fan of "Benny and the Jets" anymore, but that's just cause I've been playing it a lot....
  14. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    bad to the bone
    When someone ask me to play that one, I have to ask how much I get pay.
  15. I used to have to play "The Warrior" by Scandal... You may not remember this 80's classic (is there such a thing?), it goes: "Shooting at the walls of heartache, bang, bang. I am the Warrior". Ooh, :eek: it used to drive me nuts. I think the only person in the band who liked the song was the girl who sang it. The problem was everytime we played it, everyone would get up to dance. Grrr! Luckily, I'm in a band right now that does only originals. :)
  16. BassDude24

Sep 12, 2000
    I would have to say, all of the above, minus the metallica and "Brown Eyed Girl" cause some drunk guy passed out in his beer mug always regains conciousness at the end of a gig long enough to lift his head and shout it out then plant his face back into the mug
  17. Brown eyed girl
    move it on over
    roadhouse blues
    doctor doctor (bad case...)
    takin care of business

I'm sure I could list more if brain worked. Midterms from hell.
  18. yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    Thankfully, I don't play covers anymore, but I used to DESPISE playing With Or Without You, Twist And Shout, and Oasis's Champagne Supernova. Those were the songs that all the drunks would love, for some reason.
  19. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Kryptonite! 3 Doors Down
    Paranoid (as much as I love Sabbath)
    Every Rose Has a Thorn
    Wanted Dead or Alive
  20. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    And Pride (in the name of love) with U2 is also extremely boring. Actually, even if U2 is a good band, I always fall asleep when I have to play one of their songs...