Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

leave the delivery boy alone.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by i like tictacs, Jun 25, 2004.

1. this probably isn't the right place to be posting this (due to the age of some of you), but i need to vent. i was working tonight, i deliver pizza. so i'm deliveirng to these people and i get out of the car and some ranting and raving witch (with a B) gets out and starts telling me that i'm going to fast (30 in a 25) i tell her look lady, relax. i'm sorry i'll slow down. "no one more time and i'm calling the cops, there are kids on bikes here" well i said, and that is going to make me slow down why? are you questioning my driving skill now? oh by the way whats the given speed in a residential area? 30? i thought that is what i was doing...if i was 40 years old and a female would you still be yelling at me, had i done the same thing? i don't think so! apparently she got pissed off enough to call my boss, who just told me don't go so fast in that hood anymore, but he acted like a tough guy and i know tomorrow he won't care. but i was all pissed cause she made me feel like an a-hole, when i wasn't doing anything wrong, and it got to me, but i don't care cause it makes me look like a wussy (P), so yeah, screw that. and that biatch i want to smother with a trash bag.

/rant

dont mind me

blah blah blah

life goes on

who cares

yadda yadda

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Probably just some old bat off her rocker, don't mind her. Look at it this way, your even said, your boss really doesn't give a ****. Screw it, some people are just bitter. Also don't smother her with a garbage bag, that IS illegal.

3. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Arsenic and Pepperoni Pizza, delivered free of charge to patch things up. :D Just Kidding

Let it go man, some people are really anal about some things and they won't be changed; some just enjoy getting under the skin of others. Slow down next time, and wave at her. :D That will probably get her goat.

Ever heard the saying, "Kill them with kindness"? Try that.

4. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    How did she tip?

5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

OOOOOH, people hate that. There is nothing they can do about it. Imagine her complaing to your boss like this, "He was saying things like, 'Thank you' and 'Have a nice day,' and kissing my ass, I WANT HIM FIRED!"

6. Well I guess she was behind me, and saw me pull up to her house, and pulled up and ran over like blah blah blah. Her kids already paid me. It was a decent tip actually. :meh:

7. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Well...I'm not sure how old you are or if this is your first job or not, but as someone who worked retail for 2.5 years the best I could offer is to get used to it. People are going to be jerks. There are lots of wonderful people out there but there are also lots of terrible people who will take out their frustrations or just be plain rude to you, for no reason.

The best thing to do is smile and be nice to them. By yelling back or being angry back you're only going to incite a "situation" which is basically playing into their hands. You said she made you feel like a "bum orafice"...well how do you think it would make them feel if they are ranting and raving while you are smiling and being polite in return? It can be very disarming and usually the person will realize they are being a moron.

All in all, let it roll off your back. Everyone who has to deal with people in a service related area deals with this, and it will happen again, I can guarantee you that. So take the high road.

8. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Just to make sure, are you absolutely sure that you were only 5 over the speed limit? Another thing to consider, she mentioned kids on bikes. I know certain neighborhoods are notorious for bike/car related injuries. She could be paranoid/fearful for her kids saftey. That's the thing, if a person is flipping out about something, they ususaly have a reason for it.

9. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I think the next time she orders pizza, she gets it with "oysters."

10. believe me. there was no way it was even possible to be going fast enough to warrant that speed that gets a ticket. 30 and 35 is not the difference between life and death. i can remember driving through where she was complaining about. i had ants marching on the cd player. i remember it to that detail. no way i was going fast enough to warrant her complaining.

11. and another thing. i know what excessive speeding is. some kid hit a telephone pole doing 100 in a 30 right in front of my house. and he got less of a preaching then i did. i'm going to send her a letter. absolutley insane.

12. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    The kids are eating the pizza, not the hag. ;)

13. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Letter complaining about her actions = Bad idea

That said, it's your job. If you really piss her off, she could affect your job.

14. I was kidding :p

15. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Either that, or she has some sort of inferiority complex which compels her to take it out on the pizza guy, using the poor kids to prove her point.

16. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    I thought he meant ransom note. You know, for one of her kids that turns up missing.

17. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Hey, somebody's got to pay.

18. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
  19. I'd tell her to piss off. :spit:

Just doing your job you was. ;)

20. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Whew, THAT was a close one....

tictacs- dude, she is seriously not even worth your time. People like that are just bitter and there's nothing you can do to change their mind. It's quite likely even if you were doing 25 she would have been bitching at you, and honestly I can't tell 25 from 30 if watching from the road and I doubt she could either.
    Just be thankful your boss isn't giving you **** about it and move on to the next bastard customer. :)