Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Leavin' Right now to Go see Alain Caron

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by DreamJazz, May 10, 2002.

1. I'm just leavin right now, to go see Alain Caron give a clinic in Halifax (4hours) away. I can't wait :D

What does everyone here think of him ?

He plays in Uzeb.

2. James S

James S

Apr 17, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Exceptional player!

3. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    Alain Caron is by far my greatest influence on the Bass guitar. His playing is so fluid and pure, and he gets a fantastic tone with his fretless 6. I envy you!
    Of course I could just go to Quebec and check him out one day!:)

4. Alain Caron is # 1 in my books. Enjoy the clinic. Tell him Xavier says hello.

5. I went to that last night. Man that was awesome!!! He is such an amazing player and a pretty cool guy. I was also very impressed with the Roland V Bass synth he was using; it allowed him to have some crazy tones. It was very versatile and had great response. His playing was incredible and I learned a lot about technique.

And those F-basses gave me some serious GAS.

6. Yea it was pretty incredible. I just got home now. I was their earlier today and last night...today I was supposed to get some books from him and then as i left the tent when he was playing...he said to come back and he'd get his Roland rep. to get the books for me...I did, and once he was finished that song the Rep. went up and got both books autographed for me.

I was Front Row Center at the clinic the other night, and it was quite good for learning about technique...the up downstroke slapping was very informative, and made me realize that its just like only downpicking on guitar...you can only go half as fast...his 3 finger techniqe talk and ideas about placements of Rests in rythem was very informative too.

all around he was a phenominal player and a great teacher. The "F" basses made me drool sooo Much !