1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Leaving ebay-where to go?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stinsok, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Occasionally, I'll have something that noone here is interested in. Ebay has turned up the suck and I am going to close my account. Recommendations?

2. Illbay

Illbay

Jan 15, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    I think "fBay" is next, alphabetically.

3. craigs list?

4. ubado

ubado Supporting Member

Mar 7, 2007
    FL
    Try Amazon

5. They'll have to "turn up the suck" a very long way before I'll leave them. It's the biggest online marketplace in the world. The only thing they're doing that I differ with is eliminating negative feedback for buyers...which is stupid. Otherwise, it's a decent place to do business.

The only alternatives I would consider are Ubid and Craigslist.

6. I've had bad luck with scammers on craigs list lately. Thankfully, I'm too smart to fall for them, but every time I post something on there lately or express interest in something posted on there it turns out to be a "3rd party shipper similar to (the big name shippers)" or other such scam.

7. I'm still trying to figure out how that particular meeting went.

How exactly are sellers supposed to warn others of dead-beat bidders now? How do I know the guy driving my auction up is not some tool with nothing better to do?

Ugggh! :meh: Does Yahoo! still have auctions?

8. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    You are stuck. IMHO From a sellers prospective ebay has no real competition. :meh: