Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Leaving for a while...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bob Clayton, Jun 6, 2003.

1. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    i have noticed (as well as others have) that TB isn't as fun as it used to be...

plus i have finals comming up that i really need to study for...so until i get out of school (June 20th), you will not see me on TB...

if it's a lazy day and i really have nothing to do...i might pop in for a few minutes..but for the most part, im done with TB until then...

so ill see everyone again starting June 20th

bye bye

2. g'luck, study hard. rest well... But practise bass more! :)

3. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Geez... what is going on? Everyone's jumping ship all of a sudden!

Well, good luck Bobby, and let us know how you get on in your finals.

4. Still in school? Out here we've been done for a while, but good luck on the finals, and make sure to come back when you are done!

jtbp

5. I have finals in a week too, and I get out on the 20th, but I am not jumping ship, which a lot of people seem to be doing now..:(

6. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    You know what? If you are going to leave, then just leave. I don't care anymore. I am sick and tired of trying to convince everybody to stay. I don't care what forum you are on...but things are going to be slow. Yes, there are going to be trolls, and yes, you are going to be busy. If you are bored, then stay off. Come back on, then go about your business. If I see one more..."I am leaving...." thread, then I am going to leave.

Now...BP...You know that I love you to death. I do not want you to leave. You and I have become very close, and you know that I will always be here for you when you need me. If you need to talk, PM me.

Everyone else...If you are leaving, and you want to talk to someone...PM me. I will try to convince you to stay...I will do my Talkbass duty. You know I love each and everyone of you, and I feel you are all family...and like family gatherings, you are going to have upset. Leave quietly, simmer down, and come back. You have a problem with a troll? Contact one of the mods and/or Paul. Get it resolved. If you still need to leave, then go. I am so tired of reading the same old crap...

Sorry BP...I chose yours to vent on...Again, I do love you, don't leave, and PM me if you need to talk.

7. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    Wow, way to bitch everyone out

8. lump

lump

Jan 17, 2000
    St. Neots, UK
    :D

Every time a prominent figure leaves, it sparks a rash of copycat leavings. "Hey, I respect Person X, and if he no longer has a need for TB, maybe I should reevaluate my priorities as well." We've been down this road a gajillion times. TB marches on.

9. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    Mike Money must be taking too much of everyone's attention these days ;-). BP13, you're cool. I like ya. See ya when you get back.

10. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    She's got a point. Not too long ago I did the same, I didn't stay gone longer than a week though. I too, am tired of everyone leaving, no need to post about it, just do it if you must.

I hope Embellisher comes back soon, I miss conversing with Jeff. I am glad to see Gard back on a regular basis as well.

If trolls are an issue on this, I would rather see TB go to an all pay site. Of course, that would keep some trolls here, and knock a few of the good ones out, but I am sick of our good guys leaving because they are sick of the crap!!!!!!!

11. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    OMG!

I'M LEAVING!!!
    FEEL SYMPATHY FOR ME!!!!

It happens all the time. It's really pointless, and usually annoying.

I left a while ago and didn't say a word to anybody, and here I am :D

This place is a drug. You think you can quit, but you'll be back...

They ALWAYS come back....

muahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHhahahaa....

:meh:

12. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I'll leave if you pay me enough. Bids?

13. Suburban_punk

Suburban_punk

May 13, 2003
    Denver

It's me man...I put a little flame in the lounge on certain folks conduct and now everyone has a bad taste in their mouth....

Good Luck on the tests.

Lata,

14. :D

what's all this "Talkbass isn't as fun as it once was" stuff?
    I've been here almost 3years and there's always been trolling and flamewars of some kind....

Originally posted by Suburban_punk

It's me man...I put a little flame in the lounge on certain folks conduct and now everyone has a bad taste in their mouth....

so the lounge has become a barbecue pit?

15. Suburban_punk

Suburban_punk

May 13, 2003
    Denver
    No..not really...VERY COOL PLACE actually.
    Get a membership and check it out. ;)

I'm the new guy and got my feelings hurt.

:bawl:

16. Good luck in your exams dude :bassist:

You're a cool guy, hope to see you back here soon.

17. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA

We were an all pay site?

18. i think these threads can be important.

Embellisher, and the rest didn't post any details, and everyone started 'Where's Jeff? I sure hope he's OK!'.. just some conformination.

And word Prime! The people of TB rock. :)

19. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    I actually aggree with PM totally.

As far as I can think, this is the first 'Im leaving' thread Ive replied to, and even then it's only in agreement with another members views (that many will dissaprove of).

If your going, leave on your own time. The likelihood is that if you have to state your leaving, you won't be missed much.

20. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I'm leaving too!

yeah right, whatever.... I screw around on this site way too much. This site is more addictive than smoking (which I have recently quit, thanks anyway....) I can understand peoples frustrations, but c'mon... this is a community, because we choose to make it that way. So step up, do your part, show some respect, don't take everything so seriously, and shake the foundation with your lo-ender of choice!

P@