Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Leaving for San Diego

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Da_Niet, Aug 8, 2004.

1. Da_Niet

Da_Niet

Jan 23, 2003
    California
    Hello all,

I'll be leaving tomorrow for 4 days in San Diego with my girl-friend. We're both on vacation and want to check out some good ethnic restaurants/nightclubs. We're also interested in cultural activities(ie museums, etc.) What do you recommend. You need not include the Zoo, animal park, and the beach. We already know we want to do that. I'm more interested in good Asian, Middle-Eastern(&North African), Caribbean, Mexican, and European restaurants to explore. Also, what good clubs to check out for jazz, blues, and even rock.Thanks in advance.

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Even ROCK?! :eek:

brad cook

3. Da_Niet

Da_Niet

Jan 23, 2003
    California

Hahaha! Yes, DigMe, even rock. God, I hope I didn't sound totally snobbish or the like. I guess I just want to open it up and see what people have to offer. I am very excited for my trip. Can you tell? :hyper:

4. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Eat lots of fish tacos!

5. the gas lamp area, down town..5th street.. lots of good trendy expensive places to eat there. don't forget to go to TJ :p

6. hey now we're talkin my territory.. GO TO PACIFIC BEACH!!! you will not find a better beach in this town, and the water is about 70 degrees right now. it's freakin awesome. you won't find any jazz or blues in this area, but there is a cool restaurant called Chateau Orleans which has some jazz stuff. if you are into Veggie stuff there is a cool place called Galoka in Bird Rock which is just 3-4 minutes north of Pacific Beach. They do some jazz and have some other cool nites.. If you dig sushi, hit Haiku on Garnet. they just added a Teppan (benihana-style) side to the restaurant so you get to watch all the tricks the chefs do.. pretty neat stuff...

If you hit Plum Crazy for happy hour odds are you'll find me and some of my buds chillin after work... cheap drinks and cool bartenders..

7. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Hop over to Tijuana for a few hours.

8. Dizzy's is the most serious jazz club in SD. It's near the new ballpark. People there will tell you where else to go.

Any taco stand in San Diego will be approximately the best Mexican food you have ever had. Do not be scared.