1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Lecompte 5 String Fretless

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by younggun, Jul 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. younggun

younggun

Jul 19, 2008
    San Antonio
    I really hate to let this go, but she's just not getting any use since I now primarily play my 6 stringers. Its hard for me to just let it hang on the wall, when I could put the money into some new cabs. This bass was custom ordered by me from Bud Lecompte and delivered in May of 2010. Its been to 2 church gigs, and thats it. Kept in a clean, non-smoking environment and has no scratches or dents except some very very light string wear on the epoxy fingerboard. Its basically brand new. Here are the specs:

LeCompte SS SC-5,
    35" scale, unlined fretless
    Set-neck construction
    Two piece ash body
    Quilted maple top
    Padauk accent binding stripe
    Five piece maple/padauk neck
    Single action truss rod
    Satin clear finish
    Macassar ebony fingerboard
    Epoxy coated fingerboard
    Graphite nut
    Matching maple headstock w/padauk accent
    Black Hipshot Ultralite tuners
    Black Hipshot "A" bridge (0.708" spacing-adjustable)
    Black Dunlop Straplocks

Nordstrand Dual Coil pickups
    series/single coil/parallel switching
    Audere Z-mode, 3-band preamp (18V)
    passive tone control
    active/passive switching
    Custom padauk/maple control knobs

Yes, the electronics are outrageous, I wanted this baby fully loaded. You can pretty much get any fretless sound you want out of it. Its also very lightweight and the neck is thin and fast. Very versatile, ergonomic, and great sounding fretless 5.
    Comes with a Protec case.
    PM me with any questions.

(edit) Forgot to mention it has white side-dot markings as well.
    This bass was well over $4000 when ordered in 2010.

I haven't got many bites yet, so I'm dropping my asking price to a bargain of $2500 plus shipping.

Here are the pics:

SDC10341.

SDC10345.

SDC10347.

SDC10342.

SDC10349.

Mike-sssc-5controldiagram.

2. Bump for a real beauty...

3. younggun

younggun

Jul 19, 2008
    San Antonio
    After a bit of thought, I should mention that I would also consider possible trades for some Bergantino cabs with cash my way.

Thanks for looking.

4. ChrisCassisi

ChrisCassisi

Mar 24, 2011
    San Jose, CA
    Sweet bass. Too bad its missing a string or I would find some way to get this asap.

5. younggun

younggun

Jul 19, 2008
    San Antonio
    PRICE DROP bump.
    I haven't received any serious bites, so I'm dropping my asking price from $3000 down to $2500.

Bud Lecompte's work is on par with any high end custom builder. This bass was over $4000 new in 2010 when I ordered it, so its a great bargain for someone wanting a top of the line instrument.

6. Wow. Just plan wow.

7. Sleepwalker42

Sleepwalker42 Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Chicago
    Free bump for a great bass and a top seller to deal with.

8. younggun

younggun

Jul 19, 2008
    San Antonio
    Sunday bump. I also thought I'd mention that, according to his new website, Bud Lecompte has now discontinued this bass model. Get a used one in perfect shape, before it becomes a collectors item! ;)

9. younggun

younggun

Jul 19, 2008
    San Antonio
    Saturday bump.
    I'm coming to my senses on this. Its such a great bass, and I'm in no real need to sell. Going to leave it up through tomorrow then withdraw the sale.

10. Mo_Fonk

Mo_Fonk

Oct 14, 2010
    LOL I dont see how you could let go of a bass like this. I was going to snag it if a few of my items sold, but nothing yet

11. younggun

younggun

Jul 19, 2008
    San Antonio
    Feel free to PM me in the future, even if I withdraw the sale. I may still consider it, depending on my financial situation and gear needs at the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.