Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

lecompte customs

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by adept_inept, Jan 15, 2006.

1. adept_inept

adept_inept

Jan 9, 2006
    i may commision a lecompte custom. here's what i'm having quoted so far:

Body: GZL 4 string Bolt-On
    Scale: 34"
    Frets: 24
    Body Wood: Ovangkol or Mahogany w/ bird's eye maple top.
    Neck Material: 3 Piece Goncalo Alves
    Headstock: Black Painted
    Fingerboard: Ebony (Gabon)
    Inlay: Side Dots and Custom @ 12th.
    Pickups (here's where it gets interesting): 2 aero Jazz pups grouped near eachother in the "sweet spot") and an aero "PJ" (p in a jazz body) near the neck.
    Electronics: Main Volume w/ passive/active switch, 5 Way Switch (think Strat Layout), stacked bass/treble preamp *OR* passive tone.
    Knobs: wood, maybe ovangkol or ebony.
    Tuners: Gotoh Black
    Bridge: Standard Contoured Black
    Strings: DR HiBeams Medium

just a preliminary idea, but i like it. i was thinking also of trying a lightwave pup system if i don't go with the "strat" system.

-pc

2. I am also now looking into Lecompte, an MR4.

I'd be interested to know what the quote was on what you described, shoot it to me in a IM or something when you get one :)

Mr. Lecompte, you impress me very much. There's something to your finishes that draws me toward your work.

3. budman

budman Commercial User

Oct 7, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Formerly the owner/builder of LeCompte Electric Bass
    Quotes are free. :)

4. ironfist

ironfist

Feb 5, 2000
    I stop by www.lecomptebass.com every once and awhile to window shop. That violin shape is really growing on me. I'm thinking solid mahogany... mmmmm....

5. budman

budman Commercial User

Oct 7, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Formerly the owner/builder of LeCompte Electric Bass
    The VB is proving to be a very popular model. I'm working on one now and will be starting another one very soon.

Stay tuned. I've got a new model going up on the site in the next day or two.