Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

LeCompte Gas. Say It Aint So!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nightsblood, Sep 7, 2005.

1. I certainly did not need gas so early after buying my Spector. These LeCompte basses have certainly caught my eye, what an awesome looking bass. This does indeed SUCK!

2. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    And they're reasonably priced. That really sucks.. for you.

:D

3. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    Yeah, I got gassed and bought in :D . Mine is being built right now, a VBX sixer. :bassist: Im gonna have a couple more built in the future, Bud is a super cool guy.

4. Meehaw

Meehaw

Jun 11, 2003
    Gdynia, Poland
    I'm GASing pretty bad for the ST4 in Bud's sig.

Anyone knows about the shipping costs to... (gulp :help: ) Poland?

:bag: <--The wall was broken some years ago. :D

5. thisSNsucks

thisSNsucks

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Personally I'd love to see one of those T4T-4's on bud's site, one of those semi-hollows would be an awesome site as well.

6. Bud, believe me, I wish I could. But after just spending a grand on a Spector, my wife would have my nuts in a grinder. OUCH!

7. JJBACOOMBA

JJBACOOMBA Commercial User

May 31, 2005
    San Antonio, Texas
    Lecompte Bass Owners Club Member #2
    Have a VB5 being built by Bud. The pics I have recieved made my jaw drop. Excellent work and he is very helpful and there for you when ya need to ask questions or even make suggestions. I really made the right choice by goin with Lecompte. Currntly have Gas for a vbx :)

8. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    I'd really like a TR-6 with a slanted J and a humbucker pickup. I don't know on the pre-amp, possibly Aguilar OBP-3. Bud, wanna quote me? :)

9. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I remember when Bud made his first bass and everyone was hugely impressed. It didn't just look good for a first effort, it looked good, period. I'm glad to see his stuff catching on. I'm strictly Fender from here on out, but if I was looking for a new boutique bass, Bud's stuff would be on my short list.

10. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Can't seem to place the bass in the picture above in Bud's post. Sure looks familar.......muahahahahahahahaha!!!! ;) :p

11. Jason Brown

Jason Brown Supporting Member

May 1, 2000
    SLC, UT
  12. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I love the look of the ST's. I would probably want to try a 5 before I buy it, because I'm not really a 5 player as of now. And ST-4 would go very well in my collection. Whatever happened to that orange metalflak finished one???

13. budman

budman Commercial User

Oct 7, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Formerly the owner/builder of LeCompte Electric Bass
    This one?

[​IMG]

It got finished!!! :hyper: Looky here -->LeCompte STSS-4, aka "Bloody Knuckles"

Thanks for all the kind words, folks. :oops:

14. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    Bud, you've added new models I see. You sly dog you! ;)

15. Wow I realllly like the new MR's

16. budman

budman Commercial User

Oct 7, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Formerly the owner/builder of LeCompte Electric Bass
    Those went up literally minutes ago. You guys are quick!

17. OK BUD, You can Stop NOW!, I said I got GAS, Youre not helping matters any! BTW, that orange is sweet. Im lovin' that body style. Im thinkin, an even trade for my new Spector?

18. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I love that thing. I really like the set-in pickguard, but I would rather have black, personally. But that body shape is so awesome.

19. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    ouchhhhhhh what a bass....for me the same but without the metal pick guard and ouchhhhhhhhhhhhh :hyper: