1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

LED fret markers

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by darthplagis, Dec 10, 2006.

1. have you guys heard of fretfx? i just found them on ebay and a set of red led side markers are headed my way within a few weeks:hyper:

here is a linkage
    www.fretfx.com

the best thing is they fit most necks (but no tele P bass:crying: )
    and its not a rout mod its stuck on so its removavle:hyper: :bassist: :D

2. That looks pretty sweet!

3. i'll pop a pic or 2 up when it gets here

4. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    LMAO!!!!!!!

5. i agree

6. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    May come in handy on occasion, but not worth the price IMO. Maybe back in the day when they were $25, but not so much anymore.

7. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Rocks Around The Glocks Supporting Member

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    BTW, the order page is not secure, and they expect you to put your credit card details... wouldn't do that personally.

8. zymeth

zymeth

Dec 10, 2006
    aberdeen nj
    ooo i tihnk the blue ones are nice.

9. tehuke

tehuke

Dec 6, 2006
    MD
    And the point of these are...

10. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    LED's IMO are great for finding your way on a dark stage.

However, most people put them on for show.

11. i would/will have mine on for show as im a flash git (gotta copy a bit of 'big johhny twinkle' somewhere and a buzzard aint in my price bracket)

i didnt use the online order page for my payment i used paypal thru ebay so i didnt have the worry of non secure page, i think its a great idea a more affordable option for those who cant afford simms customs and the like tho simms are the sweaty dog's when it comes to LED's

i recon that kid with the rich has a rather cool guitar now......for a rich.......note to self never attempt to catch a falling BC rich esp with eyes

12. TrooperFarva

TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    Best pic on there:

jamesyoung.

Also, here's the comment for that picture

"Hello Roz, Installed the LED array and I have realized an immediate and significant improvement in the playability of my fretless bass. Your LED markers are spaced differently than the markers on the bass and it took me about 12 seconds to realize that the LED's are more precise. Also, having a marker on the first fret where there was none before is a freakin miracle. I cannot wait for my next jam. Thanks for all your help. I have become an outspoken advocate for your LEDs. Peace - James Young."

So I guess the Wishbass fret markers were off? That's surprising, I usually near nothing but good things about Wish basses.

13. Ty_Boogie

Ty_Boogie Bass, A way of life

Sep 6, 2004
    Troy, NY
    just came from the site, yes very cool, and practical for dark venues, but price is high, for me.......

there must be or will be copy-cats

14. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    Meh...although that pic of the Wish bass is brilliant!

15. RareBear

RareBear

Oct 30, 2006
    Rather garrish if you ask me.

16. thats weird i asked for a 1st fret marker and they said they dont do it??!!

personally i dont think the price is all that bad i payed £42 or £47 including shipping from US. so compared to some one taking my bass and routing it maybe even removing my board then the cost of the led's and gubbins then rebuild then shipping back to me.

i dont think its that bad status graphite do it as standard custom job for their basses and it adds £200 well for a quarter of that im getting it on my jag, how can that be steep?

17. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Thuper dork alert! Teh lulz@thiskid

I think they're alright, obviously, if I was going to get LED's on my bass I'd be on the phone to SIM's...

And I don't like the sound of entering credit card info on a nonsecure page.

18. RichSnyder

RichSnyder Gold Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Columbia, Md
    It's secure, but they put the https:// page inside of a frame that's not secure. So the appearance is that you're not on a secure page. Bad webpage design.

19. deaf pea

deaf pea

Mar 24, 2005
    Cuernavaca 1 hr S Mexico City
    Seymour Duncan/Basslines SMB-5A Endorsing Artist
    not talkin' about LED's . . .
    I put some zirconiums (rhinestones, fake diamonds) on the side of the neck at the usual places . . . works GREAT on darkened stages . . . I STILL can tell where I'm at on the neck during position shifts without really seeing it!

20. ggunn

ggunn

Aug 30, 2006
    Austin, TX
    I want 'em. I have "enhanced" the very small dots on my bass with Liquid Paper, but I still have trouble seeing them on a front-lit stage. Without my reading glasses, fuhgeddaboudit! It's well worth $65 to me.